ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Radio Randomly Turns On When Ignition Is off

Clio 182
My 182 has decided develop quite a strange issue - the radio randomly decides to power on when the ignition is off and the car's locked!

I do have an aftermarket Sony unit fitted, however the original radio display/ clock also powers on as well, so I don't see it being an issue with the head unit. Pulled it out last night and had a quick look at the wiring, but I can't see anything obvious. One thing which is particularly strange is that if I pull the radio fuse, then its dead when the ignition is on. However, after 10 minutes of having the car parked up, the radio powers back on even with the fuse pulled! So I guess it's managing to get power from else where...

Anyone come across this issue before?

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
My 182 has decided develop quite a strange issue - the radio randomly decides to power on when the ignition is off and the car's locked!

I do have an aftermarket Sony unit fitted, however the original radio display/ clock also powers on as well, so I don't see it being an issue with the head unit. Pulled it out last night and had a quick look at the wiring, but I can't see anything obvious. One thing which is particularly strange is that if I pull the radio fuse, then its dead when the ignition is on. However, after 10 minutes of having the car parked up, the radio powers back on even with the fuse pulled! So I guess it's managing to get power from else where...

Anyone come across this issue before?
Must be getting backfed from something, any weird wiring going on elsewhere or anything else hooked in?