ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 smoke

RB Clio 182
After driving home from work today i have noticed more smoke coming out of the exhaust than usual, i know they condensate alot (even after a clear out it still condensates) but it seemed to just be smoking out of 1 pipe rather than both (white/cloudy smoke) and stunk of egg?? Power does seem to be down aswell, not as willing 2 get going, n really bad MPG!

Any one got or had same problem or know what it could be,

Cheers

Ian

Titanium 182
Sounds a bit like headgasket. Check the back of the block see if there's oil leaking down it.

It's normal to smoke out of one pipe but the egg smell sounds dodgy.

RB Clio 182
cheers i'll ave a look, i did check oil cap n water bolttle tho and there was no gunk in or around them

Honda ATR
If its your head gasket that you suspect check the dip stick for any signs of water in the engine, if there is a large amount of water the oil will show up as grey on the stick or it will show higher than normal. also check your coolant header tank for bubbles when the engine is running. If you do have a head gasket failure then i wouldnt advise driving the car as this will cause further damage to your engine.

RB Clio 182
just checked that, no bubbles in header tank and oil colour on dip stick is normal, is it in need of a service badly, could that have owt to do with it and also sounds like its missing a little wen u listen to the car from the back, can hear it "puffing" (only way i can explain it) slightly

cheers for your fast responses any way guys

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
when the cat goes on a car it can sometimes give a bit of an eggy type smell, not sure if it will b the cat though...

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
yeah it can be that too but recently iv changed 2 cats that have had an eggy type smell and been fucked. might jst have been those two tho.

RB Clio 182
ooh right, how do i check if they r knackered then dude? take it 4 an emissions test??

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
yeah, jst ask ur local garage if they can do a quick test will only take 2mins