ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 stuck in CAT !

Been delayed at every stage of car leaving factory so far and now Im being told its not released from "CAT"...the testing place apparently. Does anyone know what the procedure is for getting cars thru, and if does finally get despatched how long till gets to dealer. Been at test place for over a week now, and not sure if being told porkies. Tom182 must know this one!!??

Doesnt sound promising then...sure been mentioned on here that go thru customs, then onto testing place? Just have to wait and see then...cant be many more excuses before have to take delivery.

maybe its stuck in a cat ?? because its so super fast and all that and with the cup suspension been so much lower it managed to fit up the cats arse;)

190 BHP Willy 2

I thought this was going to be a cup owner claiming to of accelerated up behind and swallowed a 182. Hence it was stuck in the cat. :devilish:

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by Clio 182 on 15 March 2004

Been delayed at every stage of car leaving factory so far and now Im being told its not released from "CAT"...the testing place apparently. Does anyone know what the procedure is for getting cars thru, and if does finally get despatched how long till gets to dealer. Been at test place for over a week now, and not sure if being told porkies. Tom182 must know this one!!??
the thing I would do is check the car over with a fine tooth comb when you get it for repaired damage! That could be why they are stalling you, I hope that isnt the case, but I wouldnt put it past them!

hmmm... great thought that after 4 long months wait, but certainly worth considering - story about cup owner in a.express few wks ago that had exactly that problem with repaired new one :(

...oh and like the cat suggestions...sorry to disappoint!!

Skoda Fabia vRS

maybe its on someones knee and wont budge, or curled up against a fire.......try shakin a box of Whiskas at the entrance to the dealers

Sounds strange to me, certainly never heard of it. Could be made up, i used to work as a salesman and so know that they do lie like hell, coming up with all sorts of invented excuses. What i would say, like dave182, is that you go over it with a fine toothcomb. If a car arrives at a dealer and the damage is identied as it comes of the transporter (whilst the driver is still there), the manufacturer will have the damage repaired. If it is identified at any time after this, the dealer is reponsible for all damage. In either situation, the car is the property and therefore responsibility of the dealer after delivery, and unless the damage is serious (ie not aesthetic) cars are not replaced but repaired. Beleive me, we used to repair paint and remove dents out of roofs of brand new cars, the car has been on top of the transporter and hit tree branches! A salesman will never mind you checking the car inside and out, unless he has something to hide. Remember you are the customer!

thanks for that info...worried now, but will definitely check the car all over for poss repair etc, though no expert...having said that cant imaging the Ren. boys that repair them are going to be on current experience so far, so probs stand out a mile :)

dk

911 GTS Cab

i wouldnt worry mate, mine was over a 6 weeks late, they will tell you anything to get you off the phone chasing your car, they may not have even checked! Most of the time renaults are late!

Just had update and another 7 days delay from the "holding centre"...due to not being able to cope with quantity of March cars!!? getting some compensation for insurance paying on g/fs car, but booked introduction track day through EVO on 28th March at Cadwell, so gunna have to cancel - not gunna take it round with a few miles on the clock. So frustrated and pi$$ed off :mad:

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Found out what cat is!

its written on my job sheet from my dealer

must be the company that runs the import center