ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 track car Power steering + Judder cornering

Hi again guys, I've recently purchased a 182 track car and it's fantastic first time out at Donnington on Monday just gone and it was good fun! Only problem was the Power steering! First lap out after the sighting laps I could feel a Judder under hard cornering and shortly after I lost power steering for the rest of the day. The Cap ontop of the Reservoir was wet indicating I had probably boiled the fluid. Next day I checked and the power steering is now working but had a Whine and a clicky sound when going lock to lock.

After reading up it could be a number of problems, Power steering pump knackerd (Previous owner says it had a brand new one in Feb.) Something to do with the Aux belt slipping under cornering? Or a crank pulley with a rubber bush that may have worn.

Just after a few opinions as people I've asked have just said to replace the Pump.

Cheers guys