ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Tyre Foam Advice

Has anyone used the tyre foam supplied with the 182. I am a bit reluctant to use it if i got a puncture as it wrecks a completley good tyre (unless it is a bad puncture) I am in the RAC and wonder if i rang them would they recover me to a local tyre centre to get it fixed . What you think ....

Why not buy a cheap spare and stick it in the boot?

I dont think they come out to recover you unless the tyre foam hasnt worked ie sidewall tire damage. Even then they can be awquard.

What if i act thick and say i have no tyre foam in the car (take it out ) they would have to do something surely .....
Mine is an import so i dont have AA cover can i get it anyway...

[Edited by Topper182 on 21 October 2004 at 11:33pm]

Clio 197

As Edde said: Get a cheap spare (Thats what I did).

As for the foam ruining the tyre... thats not totally true...

The tyre repair guys just dont want it all over their hands! Offer to clean it out yourself, and youll find that they can actually repair it!

Oms.

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by Topper182 on 21 October 2004

What if i act thick and say i have no tyre foam in the car (take it out ) they would have to do something surely .....
Mine is an import so i dont have AA cover can i get it anyway...

[Edited by Topper182 on 21 October 2004 at 11:33pm]
You can get AA or RAC cover for any car. I had an import 172 previously so purchased RAC cover for that. Worth it for the peace of mind.

Full Fat 182 - Was..

Quote: Originally posted by edde on 21 October 2004

I dont think they come out to recover you unless the tyre foam hasnt worked ie sidewall tire damage. Even then they can be awquard.
Defeats the point of not having a spair in the first place!!!

Yaris Hybrid

Get yourself a little pump, £5 from Argos. That will get you to a tyre place if you have a slow puncture.

If the puncture is so bad that you cant get anywhere with the pump then to be honest I wouldnt bother getting the tyre fixed as I wouldnt trust it on a motorway...

Quote: Originally posted by James 182 on 22 October 2004

Quote: Originally posted by edde on 21 October 2004

Defeats the point of not having a spair in the first place!!!
I personally think the only reason to remove the spare was down to cost.

Theres only so far some people are willing to go in the name of performance.