ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Tyre Sizes.

MOT due within 2 weeks and looks like i need two new tyres. Can someone confirm the sizes for the 182 for michelin pilot exaltos?

Trying to save as much as i ccan just now as i just shelled out 500 for the belts. What cheaper tyres would do a good/similar job. The michelin's on the back are pretty much brand new so can put them on the front and new ones on the back.

Thanks for any help.

Cheers.

Is there a specific speed rating for them? Anyone know of any deals about? BlackCircles want £122 a pop!

Cheers for that.

Just noticed the front tyres on the car are some cheapy federal ones.

Toyo Proxes T1-R 205/45 R16 W x 2 for £150 fitted. Is that a good deal?

Hopefully get a few quid off as i know a few guys who work with blackcircles.

If it was me, I'd just get PE2s; as the tyre was the factory fitment and it was kind of designed with these in mind it keeps the car original and for me it was something I checked when buying mine. The other thing is mixed tyres on a car is a no-no (for me anyway); IMO I'd get 2 new PE2s, fit them to the back and when the Federals wear out get a new pair of PE2s for the front.

T1Rs are "alright" but they're not brilliant although the price reflects this, but you'll still have mixed tyres on the car (I know if you got the PE2s you still would have but at least you're half way there :D)

I think it will be the T1R's for just now. Really cant stretch to £80-90 with mot due in two weeks. Not sure il need new pads etc.

For when/if i get the T1R's are they better on the back putting the back PE2's on the front or just slap the T1R's on the front?

cheers.

Sorry I mis-interpreted and forgot you original said you have PE2s already on the back. I would definietly try to stretch to another pair of PE2s to replace the Federals. The difference might be £50 over two yeras but they'll probably last longer than Toyos anyway. IMO, there's no point buying a "performance" car and mixing the only contact with the road.

182 Cup
Camskill are sold out of PE2's at the cheap price. Next lot they get in will be more expensive.