ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 with a low rev misfire code shows df110 any ideas

clio 172 track
Hi Guys
I've just bought a 182 and it has developed a misfre at low rpm and im baffled.
The misfire isn't massive just under light throttle below 2500 rpm, floor the car and it goes. If the car is left ticking over it's gets worse and the endine light comes on and the car smells of fuel when cold or the cat when warm.
Ive plugged it in and it comes up with DF110 DESTRUCTIVE MISFIRE OBD
The codes wont clear, any ideas
Thanks

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
Injector? Coil pack//plugs/leads/lambda

They're the likely culprits.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
If it's fine at high revs then I wouldn't have thought it would be injectors.

If it smells of fuel then it's clear that it's not burning it properly.

I'd say spark plugs, based on the error code. An injector would bring a different code up.

clio 172 track
I've had an injector go on a 172 and it was far worse than this. I've read something about wiring looms rubbing through ??

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Only happens at low revs, clears after 2500-3000 and revs right through

I had this once when i had a 172 . It would stutter , loss of power up until about 2500rpm then would kick into life . It was the spark plugs . But as stated above , it could quite easily be your coil pack , leads or injectors . If you could get hold of a coil pack , change it and try it then leads .... eliminate the easiest ones to change first .