ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Won't Start

Clio 182
Hi guys,
Bit of background 6 months ago I bent some valves and after 6 months decided to get the head refurbed and new belts water pump dephaser etc, started it up engine revs were really high (between 3-5000 rpm) so I put a new air temp sensor and map sensor on which bought the revs down to normal bar your usual lumpiness, so I decided to fit a Ram Air induction kit last Thursday, took it for a shakedown drive everything seemed fine no hiccups at all (bear in mind since I did the belts etc 2 weeks ago I've started it everyday with no probblems at all after I've fitted the new sensors).
Today I've put some new disc and pads on it all round for the MOT, went to start it and it wouldn't start, it cranks but doesn't seem to fire, I can hear a bit of popping and backfiring through the induction system but no start.
My question is would the induction kit cause problems starting especially when its been damp and raining a lot over these past couple of days and it hasn't been started over the wet weather?
Or could their be any moisture in the fuel system due to being stood bearing in mind I have out £20 of fuel in it recently.
Any help or advise would be much appreciated.

Clio 182
Hi thanks for that, I removed the TDC sensor and gave it a clean up, but also reverted back to the original air box and it fired up and runs again now, but probably more lumpy on tick over than normal, so I'm not sure what that could be.