ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182's with spacers

RB 182 195bhp
Hi, looking to get some spacers for my 182, it's got eibach springs with 172 cup turini's. It's only a road car, so I'm just looking for a little bit of an more aggressive look.
Could people post some pictures of theirs and what spacers they run so I can see what they look like, and what to go for.
ATM I'm thinking 15mm all round

15mm with 1 degree camber on the rear. 20mm on the front. Slight scrubbing on the front with full lock, bit on the rear when car fully loaded. Running on Cooksports.

20130922_190501_zps9gkygop2.jpg

I'm in exactly the same position and it's taking me a while to decide what to get.
I'm running cooksports and cup turinis and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go 15mm front 10mm rear.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
I'm in exactly the same position and it's taking me a while to decide what to get.
I'm running cooksports and cup turinis and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go 15mm front 10mm rear.

That's the spacer options I'm thinking of going too, I think 20mm might scrub lowered with coilovers at the front and no real negative camber

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I'm on 10mm rear, 15mm front and standard camber.

About to fit cup Turinis and sportlines, so I'll let you know how I get on.

Same setup but cooksports and Williams wheels the rears scrubbed a bit when car was laden or undulating road surface.

But the Willy wheels were lower offset so hoping the spacers I have with cup offset should be spot on

Last edited:
I'm on 10mm rear, 15mm front and standard camber.

About to fit cup Turinis and sportlines, so I'll let you know how I get on.

Same setup but cooksports and Williams wheels the rears scrubbed a bit when car was laden or undulating road surface.

But the Willy wheels were lower offset so hoping the spacers I have with cup offset should be spot on

Really interested to see some pictures with the cup turinis and sportlines fitted. I've been researching this for a while now but I just can't decide.
In an ideal world I'd like to go with 20mm on the front because then I could use my standard bolts but I really hate the over spaced look so I'm thinking 15mm will give me just the right look and no scrubbing.
From what I've seen on here 20mm on the front with ET38.5 turinis is just a bit too much for me so I'm hoping 15mm will be perfect.

Are your 15mm spacers bolt to hub type? If so did you buy shorter bolts or did you shorten your standard bolts?

I look forward to seeing how you get on.

Last edited:

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Jack

no they are bolt through eibach ones, I have longer adonised TPi bolts. works fine :)

I will post pictures as soon as its all fitted and let you know mate, if my tyres land should be over the weekend

oh for info I have fitted 195/45 R16 Toyo Proxies T1R's to the cup turinis, so 172 cup fit tyres but putting them on a 182 that should have 205/45 on it. hoping this will help to alleviate any scrub issues too

Thanks for the info :)

I'm also running 195/45 R16 tyres so our setups are very similar.

Look forward to seeing some pics and hearing your thoughts :)

RB 182 195bhp
Thanks for all the replies, some really nice looking cars.
I think I'm going to go for 15mm front and 10mm rears. From what you've said I shouldn't get much rubbing that way.
Did you notice any difference in handling?

Yozza'd Titanium 182
25mm front 20 rear is perfect. I have 25mm on the back and they rub (but cause no damage) if i go over a bump. I can only have one person in the back aswell lol

Clio 200
What would you recommend for a Trophy? Wouldn't mind spacing the wheels out a little, but don't want any scrubbing

RB 182 FF
I'm a spacer virgin, can someone be a legend and explain how this works..? Do spacers affect the handling, tyre wear etc..? Do you need new longer wheel bolts or can you go a certain thickness before needing them.. I'd like to beef the stance slightly without looking silly, I have cup shocks and Cooksports and 182 cup pack alloys, any help appreciated greatly.!:smile: :up:

I'm a spacer virgin, can someone be a legend and explain how this works..? Do spacers affect the handling, tyre wear etc..? Do you need new longer wheel bolts or can you go a certain thickness before needing them.. I'd like to beef the stance slightly without looking silly, I have cup shocks and Cooksports and 182 cup pack alloys, any help appreciated greatly.![emoji2] :up:
http://www.cliosport.net/index.php?threads/733881/
Also if you check my car thread there's before and after shots etc. Might help you decide. [emoji106]

FRP - Clio 182
With you setup I would go for 20mm on the front 15mm on the rear as it won't rub and looks awesome, I can send you the links to the cheapest sets I've found. 20mm from Italy £50 delivered and 16mm for £45 delivered bot sets come with the longer bolts.

FRP - Clio 182
Yeah on the rear its better to have plate spacers which fit on the rear beam as apposed to the hub, do tend to be a bit more expensive and are more difficult to fit. Yes it does put more pressure on the wheel bearings however from my understanding the bearings are pretty stubborn and are not particularly prone to letting go on the Clio's

Their actually cheaper to buy but expensive to fit. But I was changing rear discs anyway (which is a 1 piece unit with wheel bearing pressed into) so I just fitted them all same time.
My rear bearings were shot at 60k so it was a good job I fitted new discs.

RB 182 FF
Thanks for the replies, that's given me food for thought. I do like the look of some of these spacer'ed Clios, it does beef the stance up nicely! :smile::up: