ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

19 16v

clio sport 182
my 1st reno. stuck to the road like s..t to a blanket
2015-06-06 13.14.03.jpg

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
My mate has mint red j plate 16v in his garage. Think it has <50k on it.

Can't believe how rare they're now. Always wanted a blue phase II chamade myself.

clio sport 182
My mate has mint red j plate 16v in his garage. Think it has <50k on it.

Can't believe how rare they're now. Always wanted a blue phase II chamade myself.
yeah dont see many about now, very rare.. had some fun in that air induction kit and dtm rear box haha

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
My mate had one just like that white one. Absolutely loved that unreliable heap of rust. So so cool back in the day.

clio sport 182
My mate had one just like that white one. Absolutely loved that unreliable heap of rust. So so cool back in the day.
your spot on about unreliable, mine was a pain in the ass, but good fun when going ok.. thats renos for you, :up:

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Loved mine, first fun car I had. Blue phase two hatch, woman in a Ford Ka rear ended me and killed it.
I was stationary, she was doing 50odd in a Ford Ka and clipped the rear 3/4 writing it off :(
Would love another but finding one that's not a s**t box isn't easy.

clio sport 182
Loved mine, first fun car I had. Blue phase two hatch, woman in a Ford Ka rear ended me and killed it.
I was stationary, she was doing 50odd in a Ford Ka and clipped the rear 3/4 writing it off 😧
Would love another but finding one that's not a s**t box isn't easy.
saw R19 16v on ebay today, turbo 300bhp 4 and a half k.. :up:

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Hank from Fastchip used to do a turbo kit for them back in the day.
Really would love another, if I find one that's decent enough I'd be so tempted.

Just had a look of that one on eBay, for a second I thought get rid of that front bumper and whack a standard one on and it's all good.
Then I saw inside, whilst I'm sure it cost a bit wasn't to my taste, I want one that at least looks bog standard, and has to be a hatch in blue. Was always a phase 2 fan but could maybe be persuaded for a decent phase 1 as well.

Used to be a decent little community back in the day as well.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Weirdly I always wanted a Chamade, then when I finally was able to buy one wanted the hatch.

Impreza RB5 #054
Had 2, first one was a blue phase 2 chamade which cost me £75 because it had a alarm fault and wouldn't start, disconnected the alarm and it fired up start away. Killed the engine a few weeks later after ragging it to death from day one. Scrapped it.

Second was a phase 1 blue hatch which I paid £500 for and crashed it on a roundabout trying to act a hero. Again scrapped it.

Loved them both and always wanted another phase 1 hatch in grey.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
My brother had one of these, loved it! It's all about the Mk1's :) I wonder if I have a picture somewhere... nearly had it as my first car, probably wouldn't have been a good idea.

Inferno 182
That's exactly what happened with me,same as Chris R. Once I had the cash I decide I wanted and a hatch instead of the chamade.

Inferno 182
Had this as well if anyone remembers them!!
As fast as the 5 at the time but half the cost to insure as not as desireable in the days of expensive hot hatch insurance.

oldcarpics011.jpg

182 FF, 306 Rallye
A mate of mine had a ph1 R19 in tungsten grey back in the day. Always thought it was quick for only 137bhp.

Love the R11's, so retro, especially in the Phillips/ Elf rally colours. A rare sight these days.