ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

195/40r17 tires!!

Skoda fabia Vrs
Hello... I am in a bit of a dilemia with my twingo rs at the moment

The tyres are half worn out now (sport contact 3's) and was wondering what i should replace with. Regarding size mainly.

I dunno if i should change to 205/40r17 because they are a hell of alot cheaper to be honest and i am not loaded because i have a 6 month old car btw

195 40 17 pirelli p zero = £125
205 40 17 = £80
just a kinda idea on differance on price... just was wanting to know what the differance in handling would be as i am aware the clio came 182 came with 195 and some people have changed to 205 profile??

steve

Mini Cooper S
The whole point of the Twingo is to be nimble, the wider the tyre gets...the less nimble it will be! Obviously it might not be noticeable...but you'd only find out when you get the tyres on. Also, how many miles have you done? I'm guessing you drive it like you stole it :p

Last edited:
I'd say that the type of tyre will make more difference than that small change in size. Is a tyre size change a modification, and thus something your insurance company want to know about?

Skoda fabia Vrs
well thats why am asking the question 1st isnt it? lol

6300 miles.. i drive the way i drive.. there about half worn on the front..

for the 1st 3300 miles it was a demonstrator at renault sunderland. i got it 3 month old

Skoda fabia Vrs
Had a full set on my corsa c sri and they were pants.. Thats who i got mine off aswell. 195/45r16. Paid 180 quid i think for the set. only last 9k on the front.
Alot people on here say thier as soft as cheese.. lol

I fancy those kuhmo's? heard good things about that brand.

Skoda fabia Vrs
small update on this thread.

my conti's are finally at the end of there life at 8700 miles and i'm not paying 100-130 a tyre for conti's so...

ordered 2 falken ze912 tyres of camskill for the price of one conti 3.

any thoughts on these falkens??

Steve

Da

Less
I'd have stuck with the conti's personally.

Not sure on the falkens as I've never used them. Some reviews here though

Oh and the clio 182 had 205's as standard, the 172 had 195's.

Last edited:
  Clio RS 172 /Trafic
Toyo T1-R's are pretty good and would suggest going to 205/40 x17. Thats standard size on Twingo sport rims. I have that size on my 172 Ph1.

Skoda fabia Vrs
Not got the money to stick to conti's at the moment mate and i'm into trying different makes and not stick to the same brand all the time!

I will just stick with 195's for now!

I dont like toyo tires they are not as good to be made out to be! They wear really fast also!

Falkens are getting fitted tomorrow so will see what there like and report back!