ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

195 or 205 tyres on 172 cup

Renault Clio 172 Cup
Hi all, I driving a 172 cup with 205/45/16 tyres,.it's due some.new tyres. At the moment it's got some.unknown make on. The handling is very / light in the wet. Breakimg traction in 3rd on a damp duel carriageway. Is this a combination of crap tyres with little.tread and wrong size width for model. Should I get195 or.205. Should.I get P Zeros?Cheers

172 cup, Impreza P1
195 or 205 will work fine on the car. 195's were the OE fitment on a cup but 182's had 205's so both will work.

I found the 205's slightly more forgiving on the road due to the slightly larger side wall and larger contact width but there is not a lot in it. 195's are a bit cheaper too.

Best tyre I found was the Michelin PE3's but the Contisport contacts were also good. Never tried P Zeros but I'm sure they would be fine as well.