ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

195's on 182 rims

VX220 lightning
sorry... I wasnt that specific...

Basically there was a thread about 195 (width tyres) i.e. 195/45/r16 and I just wanted to know whether they would fit the standard 182 alloys.

As Tom said they'll fit, the wheels are the same width on a 172 and 182 it's just the tyres that differ. Personally I prefer 205's though.

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
can you mix and match ie... have 205 at the back and 195 at the front, as my current uniroyals are 195, at the front and my back are poxies 195's but the uniroyals are still wider than the poxies (cos they are poxy)

So my front tyres are wider than the rear, this i notice this on roundabouts when the back starts to slide, but nothign i can do till i wear the poxies out (moving them to the front tomorrow)

Tyre width wont be the only thing that can cause the back end to be mobile. They're pretty loose on 1*2's anyway due to the weight balance of the car. Tyre wear and pressures along with your driving style will also play a big part in it too tbh.

Granted tow bars arent light but they still arent as heavy as a 2 litre engine, and a bloke lol. I do agree about the proxies though they are s**t.

titanic killer
Yeah 195/45/16 on 182 cup wheels imo they feel alot better than the 205s i had on before them
DSC01099.jpg

Ph1 172
i'm stripping my ph1 172, hoping for 950kgs. I assume the lighter the car becomes the less tyre it will require.
i.e will it be nimbler on 195s at that weight than 205s??
I think my track is not as mide as the 182 either?

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
i'm stripping my ph1 172, hoping for 950kgs. I assume the lighter the car becomes the less tyre it will require.
i.e will it be nimbler on 195s at that weight than 205s??
I think my track is not as mide as the 182 either?

The lighter the car the less tyre it requires to get the same grip in the dry.

In the wet its even more the case. The tyre has to push the water out from underneath it. Newtons laws say the water pushes back. That lifts the car up and causes it to aquaplane. To float on the water rather than to push down through the water and grip the bitumen. The wider tyre you put on a car, or the lighter the car you have on a given width tyre, means it aquaplanes sooner. If you lighten the rear of a front wheel drive car that already has very little weight on the rear you can get reduced rear grip, with the risk of catastrophic snap oversteer on very wet roads. If you are going to lighten the car keeping the 205s would increase dry grip, but it would decrease wet grip. You may need to go down to 195s and lose a bit of dry grip so the car's not dangerous in the wet.

Nike Lunar Elite's
I've got 195's on my Trophy wheels >

aee18408.gif

My only problem with them is that they leave the lips a little bit exposed!