ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 banging

My bloody 197 had had one thing after another wrong with it!! Its a massive shame because I love driving it!! This time its a bang/thud coming from the rear of the car when driven, its very noticeable when driving between 0-20mph, it almost sounds like the boot lid is banging against the car!?! Im taking it into Renault Pontefract on Wednesday but ive got a horrid feeling its one of those things that they never get to the bottom of!!

Has anyone experienced anything at all like this??

thanks

RRS, 172, ST3, VTS
no though my mate has a LY 197, had it about a month now. its had, bonnet re-aligned, new starter, new lambda sensor, and something else cant remember now

RRS, 172, ST3, VTS
have u had a look under the car at all? maybe its something that has came loose and is hanging off?

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
Could exhaust?

I thin it will be your boot catch as I had a similar problem with my 182. Try wiggle the boot catch it worked for me!

White clique
my 182 had a very loud rattle bordering on banging from the back - the parcel shelf which is rigid fibre glass or plastic was knocking against the plastic supports non stop. In the end i bought some small sticky rubber pads and stuck them on the shelf mounts to cure it.

If its a loud thud then it may well be the boot lid -are there any scuff marks which show where it may be rubbing against the bodywork?

White clique
what happens if they cannot fix it? do they give you a new one?
they usually send the car away if it cannot be fixed at the garage, and offer a loan car (most times). Only after it has been inspected by the top engineers and can definitely not be fixed will they offer a replacement, with same spec and similar mileage. But thats the very last resort they offer, usually after a few weeks of trying all avenues.