ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 cam upgrade (Help needed)

Clio 172 Cup
Hi,

Can someone give me a definitive guide on installing 197 cams into a phase 2 172 cup please?

I have read a lot of posts on hear, talking about getting good gains in both power and torque using 197 cams, matched inlets and an ECU remap. However I cant seem to find a definitive guide as to all the components/work needed and where to go for the re-map.

I currently use my 172 cup for sprinting, and the power/torque gains would be very useful and legal in the class I am in.

At present, my engine is standard, with the exception of matched inlet manifolds and an ECU upgrade from KTEC racing (its not the GEN90 they currently sell, it was purchased back in 2008 and I think it was labelled as a Grp N upgrade).

If I buy 197 cams, what else will I need (new pulleys, springs, followers etc?)
Can the KTEC ECU be re-mapped, or would I need to buy a new one/go back to standard?
What other parts would I need to make all of this work?
Where do I go to get the ECU re-mapped?
Any words of warning/things to look out for when going down the 197 cam route?

Any and all help would be gratefully received

Thanks

dan's cast offs.
chuck new cams in, no new bits needed, set to secret cam timing or in my case super secret cam timing and get it mapped, pretty much as simple as that. i've done a few ?

Clio 172 Cup
Thanks mate, I have read a lot of your posts on 197 cams, in fact it was them that got me interested in the conversion.

It sounds straightforward, but a couple of questions:
Do the standard 172 cup camshaft pulleys and dephaser fit the 197 cams?
Where do I get the super secret time and remap done? Who would you recommend?
Would the guys that you recommend to do the remap, also be able to fit the 197 cams for me? It would be ideal if I could buy some cams, and then drop the car off at the garage and pick it up after all the work has been done.
Cheers

dan's cast offs.
Thanks mate, I have read a lot of your posts on 197 cams, in fact it was them that got me interested in the conversion.

It sounds straightforward, but a couple of questions:
Do the standard 172 cup camshaft pulleys and dephaser fit the 197 cams?
Where do I get the super secret time and remap done? Who would you recommend?
Would the guys that you recommend to do the remap, also be able to fit the 197 cams for me? It would be ideal if I could buy some cams, and then drop the car off at the garage and pick it up after all the work has been done.
Cheers

Have I messaged you over this or just completely missed your reply??

Radugns

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 ph2
Hello Rickymiller,

Did you find the secret formula to mount the 197 cams?:)) I am also intersted.Cheers
There was a post on Fb with almost 200hp from 197 cams and the setup was also posted there. But he has no air con and no steering pump, so if you got both you loose some, but not much. If I find the post I will reply.