ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 Magazine Advert

Nissan 350Z
Roy Munson said:
I'm a "know it all" for commenting on a car I've driven but you havent?

Thats where I stopped reading. Night.

LOL. Oh well... I'll drive one if it makes any difference, but honestly i think i've got a good enough impression from reading the many other reviews.

Just out of curiousity though, have you driven a CTR? I know its not relevant in this "argument" particularly, and i'm not having a go (honestly), but i'm just wondering if you have so you can tell me whats so different about it (and in what way). I'm willing to try and understand, but on paper, the cars look quite similar now, all said and done.

Roy Munson said:
As I asked previously in the thread - have you driven both cars?

Get a grip on what? I took issue with the suggestion that those who preferred the 182 might be in some kind of denial. Personally, now I have seen one in the metal and driven it, I think it's a stunningly good car.

However, some other people disagree and prefer the 182. Thats their honest opinion based on having driven both. Why do they need to "get a grip"? because thier opinion doesnt agree with something you read in a magazine?

"Muppetttttt" :D

Welcome aboard the 197. Glad common sense eventually prevailed!

Start saving up though coz 182 prices are tumbling fast with the advent of a new model...

pbirkett said:
LOL. Oh well... I'll drive one if it makes any difference, but honestly i think i've got a good enough impression from reading the many other reviews.

Just out of curiousity though, have you driven a CTR? I know its not relevant in this "argument" particularly, and i'm not having a go (honestly), but i'm just wondering if you have so you can tell me whats so different about it (and in what way). I'm willing to try and understand, but on paper, the cars look quite similar now, all said and done.

Yes I have driven a CTR quite extensively as my brother owned one. The 197 is light years ahead of it in terms of steering feel. To me, the 197 did not feel anything like the woolly CTR. IMO a 182 will out 'handle' any standard CTR. IMO a 197 will out 'handle' and standard 182. Thats just my opinion, but I think it's one which a lot of people who've actually driven all three will agree with.

Last edited:
tin69 said:
Welcome aboard the 197. Glad common sense eventually prevailed!

Start saving up though coz 182 prices are tumbling fast with the advent of a new model...

What? WTF are you on about? The only thing that prevailed was my test drive, where I was very impressed with the car. Nothing to do with common sense. I seem to remember my opinions of it beforehand were quite neutral, and I'm sure I've always said I would reserve judgement until I had seen one and driven one. Something which a lot of keyboard dragstrip racers on here might want to do before comparing the cars in their own little 'KFC carpark in their head' :eek:

I seem to remember your opinion was a blanket "get over it, your 182 is old and you're pretending you dont like the 197" and that's a very blinkered view IMO. Srangely, I've still not seen you mention having driven a 197, although I apologise if I've missed that part.

I still maintain that a lot of drivers wont feel that the 197 has "moved the game on" although I do think it has in most ways, but hasnt in others - notably the sensation of speed is a bit duller now.

Lux'd Glacier White R26
Seen lots of them at my gym, tear off leaflet things, to request a brochure or test drive. A bit of a gay advertisement imo...

Tyson.

al

ST on the way...
tin69 said:
STOP slatting the 197. Get a life - if you don't like it don't buy it.

Don't even start preaching about being entitled to an opinion... I think deep down you cannot come to terms with the fact that the 172/182 has been consigned to history even though it remains an excellent hot hatch.

The 197 moves the game on!

:sleepy::sleepy::sleepy: