ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 owners MPG

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
considering getting a 197 - not sure if FF or Cup. Just wanted to know what sort of MPG these things are putting out as i've heard a few horror stories! lol

Its gotta be a deciding factor as petrol prices are so frickin high!!

thanks

White clique
mine is about 27-28 combined, but then again my average speed is 22mph!! You'll struggle to get over 30mpg over the week.

Meg 250/E36 Touring
Over the last 500 miles

Average Speed 33

Average MPG 28.8 (Best achieved 29.6 MPG)

Models with revised gear ratios seem to be better by 1 MPG on average if you do high speed runs. IMO

Lee

BMW M2C
I commute into Birmngham each day, doing a 42 mile round trip. If it's clear I go home on the M6, the rest is normal roads.

With the kids off there's less traffic so I'm seeing 29mpg. That's pottering, with booting it when I get a chance.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I suppose that old cliche "if you can afford to buy it you can afford to run it" doesnt really cut it anymore lol

Tesla MP3 2021
As long as I can get the same as I currently do from the 182 I wont be bothered.

Lee

BMW M2C
As long as I can get the same as I currently do from the 182 I wont be bothered.

You won't. It will cost you roughly £10 a week more in petrol.

If you sit at 70mph on a motorway you'll see 32mpg.

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4

jeezus, my cup would see 40mpg on a motorway run. Suppose im hoping for too much expecting to get the same mpg out of a newer, more refined more powerful car.

Lee

BMW M2C

jeezus, my cup would see 40mpg on a motorway run. Suppose im hoping for too much expecting to get the same mpg out of a newer, more refined more powerful car.

Yup, same here with the Trophy. If I sat at 70mph it averaged 40mpg.

A couple of weeks back I filled up totally, drove to Birmingham on the M6 and held 70mph there and back. I saw 32mpg!

28mpg is pretty much what you can expect for normal driving.

ST
When pressing on cross country around 25ish, motorway cruising in 6th 65/70 34mpg, just over 6,500 miles, it does get slightly better as the miles go up.

Tesla MP3 2021

Well we shall see. I can currently stretch £20 a week in fuel so if it goes upto £25 - £30 then I wont to to hard done by....

Lee

BMW M2C
I thought all the talk of it being a fair bit worse was just down to how people were driving, but it's not, it's just worse.

It's costing me £53 a week as opposed to roughly £10 less in the 182. Prices have recently risen though.

Tesla MP3 2021
To be fair though I do take a guy who weighs 120kg to work and back everyday and sometimes to the gym so I may have to put my rate up ;)...

Lee

BMW M2C
haha, I give a lad a lift home. I've told him he may be back on the train at this rate. It's a couple of miles out of my way dropping him off.

White clique
I thought all the talk of it being a fair bit worse was just down to how people were driving, but it's not, it's just worse.

It's costing me £53 a week as opposed to roughly £10 less in the 182. Prices have recently risen though.
yeah, i filled my 197 up from almost empty the other day and it was £57 on super unleaded - the tank is 55 litres, and the 182s are 50 litres. My 182 would last 10 days on a full tank on my usual work commute at about £46 and 32-34mpg, the 197 lasts around 8-9 days and is over a tenner more to fill.

The petrol caps have both 95 and 98 RON recommended - i havent used 95 yet, i wonder if there is much difference then? It would obviously be cheaper.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
LOL @ 32mpg at 70mph heh. My Vee does 31 if I sit at constant 70.

Dan

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
mine is about 27-28 combined, but then again my average speed is 22mph!! You'll struggle to get over 30mpg over the week.

+1

Mark 1 Clio V6
26.1mpg over 850 miles averaging 24mph.

Rubbish, but 25% better than my old Focus ST, so I'm actually happy.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
the computer gives a generous estimate jsut like the 182 did.

i get on the computer about 28mpg.

actual consumption is 26.4 mpg.

they do 26mpg what ever tbh. cruise at 90. 26 mpg. drive round town 26mpg. lol

Mustang, S13, AX GT
mines upto 31.4 but I'm still running it in lol

Boot its arse from new, its the only way to run it in properly, change the oil at 1,000 miles too, then again at 6,000 then again at the 12,000 miles service.
its getting the manufacturer recommended 600miles and its killing me haha, I booted it once and the shift light is comical however will wait until its run in even if it does kill me!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
To be fair though I do take a guy who weighs 120kg to work and back everyday and sometimes to the gym so I may have to put my rate up ;)...

lol is that why your taking him to the gym>?

Do you whip him whilst he runs on the treadmill? haha:rasp:

C

Cupster

My Golf 4motion pulled 31mpg on the motorway and that was a 2.8 lol.

Mark 1 Clio V6
If you are concerned by MPG don't buy one. Get a Focus diesel or something like that.

No way in hell it will give you the pleasure that the 197 gives, but you'll have ££'s in your pocket.

I know which I would rather be doing.........................and am.................

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
If you are concerned by MPG don't buy one. Get a Focus diesel or something like that.

No way in hell it will give you the pleasure that the 197 gives, but you'll have ££'s in your pocket.

I know which I would rather be doing.........................and am.................

the only thing that concerns me is the fact i could be running a meg 225 or elise for the same MPG. Which would be more satisfying for me .... not saying the 197 is a bad car, its just im a bit bored of clios and for similar day to day running costs the two above would be my preferred choice.

White clique

the only thing that concerns me is the fact i could be running a meg 225 or elise for the same MPG. Which would be more satisfying for me .... not saying the 197 is a bad car, its just im a bit bored of clios and for similar day to day running costs the two above would be my preferred choice.
if you are bored with the traditional clios believe me the 197 is a completley different car to what you may be used to, go for a drive in one and you'll see.

ST
Anywhere from 22.9 to 28.9. But who cares? The engine note is soooooo superb.

Best sounding standard Renault I've ever been in, V6 included.

Well other than the Formula Renault 3.5 litre I went in at Donington last year.

Indeed...one of the best standard 4pot NA cars i've ever heard..

My Golf 4motion pulled 31mpg on the motorway and that was a 2.8 lol.

That maybe but was the drive as enjoyable to drive??

if you are bored with the traditional clios believe me the 197 is a completley different car to what you may be used to, go for a drive in one and you'll see.

Couldn't agree more mate..