ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 sales

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Are they pretty slow or is it just me?

I think i've only seen one on the road since they came out!

I quite like them but I think the price has really slowed the sales down.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
same price as a 182 list? available for 13.5k online. got mine for 14.5k severla months ago now.

i like being part of an exclusive club! :D lol

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
yeah i have only seen about 3 but really like them, saw a black one in brum with silver alloys with like black lips on each spoke, looks really nice.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i've seen 4 so far now. i guess i keep my eyes peeled for them more.

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
I haven't seen any around our area yet. I'm not surprised really being as I can't imagine Wilsons (Epsom) getting any in for demonstration, let alone try and sell one to somebody.

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
I have yet to see one on the road. Seen one at a car show though.

Clio 182 + Recaros
I was wondering how many 197's renault have actually sold.

Never seen one in the flesh. I did see a black 197 for sale on autotrader which did look very nice.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
i've seen one on the road and one at my office yesterday, that's it. But then I've only ever seen 2 Megane 225s on the road as well.

Scirocco GT 210
Apparently Renault have sold 3,500 of them! But to this day, the only one I've ever seen in the metal was the one I took for a test drive.

Golf GTI PP Mk7
ive driven one, and seen 3 on the road. once the price starts to come down and they begin bleeding into the 2nd hand market they'll become more common. They dont appeal to alot of normal drivers and at that price even less so. Once they can be had for inside 10k on the used market, i rekon we'll see alot more of them.

Ph-Sold!
ive driven one, and seen 3 on the road. once the price starts to come down and they begin bleeding into the 2nd hand market they'll become more common. They dont appeal to alot of normal drivers and at that price even less so. Once they can be had for inside 10k on the used market, i rekon we'll see alot more of them.

Surely that's the same number of cars overall though :rasp:

Dirty E91
Dealer near me has one in black, 6 cd player and xenons had it listed as £17K now reduced to £13K!

Not sure the market is there for it at the moment, people want a hot hatch cos they're quck and handle, from what I've read the 197 handles but is lacking in the "go" department.

Tangoed Works
The 197 isnt that bad on pace. I know it may be 2-3 secs off the 182 to 100mph but in reality you never really do standing starts up to 100.

On road had a tussle with one and it was good fun. Sure I may have been slightly quicker, but there was no denying that we were both having loads of fun!

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy
Just wait until Summer, Winters always abit slow for selling cars. I have never seen a 197 where I live and have seen about 9 new shape Clio's (non-sport). TBH dealers are selling them to expensive anyway. Who would pay 16k/17k for a 197 (from dealers) when they could get one 3k cheaper online?. Also for the dealer price you could get a 225 Megane brand new online?.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Just wait until Summer, Winters always abit slow for selling cars. I have never seen a 197 where I live and have seen about 9 new shape Clio's (non-sport). TBH dealers are selling them to expensive anyway. Who would pay 16k/17k for a 197 (from dealers) when they could get one 3k cheaper online?. Also for the dealer price you could get a 225 Megane brand new online?.

you have to be a mug to pay list for a 197 form a dealer. many did when they first came out but that is expected. I paid 14.5k form a dealer several months ago. The car was brand new and i was first name on it.

Many people don't want ot buy off theinternet and i can see why with long dleivery times and broken promisies. I test drove one, got my price and it was sat outside my house in 1 week.

Yes you can get a megane for the price of a 197... but maybe 197 owners didn't want a megane? maybe they wanted a 197?

Show me another hot hatch you can buy from a dealer that compares with the 197 for 14.5k? answer - you can't. (i don't bother with the fiesta ST as it is out of it's class imo)

All of the other hot hatches you cna't get massive discounts like on the 197 form a dealer.

Plus, this is just the beginning of the 197's life cycle. the 172 came out, what 5/6 years ago? that was 16k brnad new then. at the end of it's life you could get a brand new 182 for around 12.5k from a dealer.

You also have to remember we have been spoilt with car prices over many years. they have consistently been going down over time.

for example, a ford fiesta 1.4 ghia on a P plate (approx 10 years old) was £12,235!
A brand new current ford fiesta 1.4 ghia is £11,327 list price!

wouldn't surprise me to see a bit of a trend of cars going up over the next 10 years due to the globla recession thta is about to start.