ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 speakers

On the standard 197 am i right in saying it only has 2 speakers? 1 in each front door?

If so are there wires already in place to put 2 rear speakers in?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
ok, the rears are 5.25... but what about the front ones? i fancy changing mine.

i cleaned up the interior today and the rears are a easy to get off and cabling in place. result!

i only breifly looked at the front ones but didn't try and take them off.

can any onw advice on how they are fixed on the front? i want to take them off so i can replace them.

further more, i have no idea about ICE. what speakers for the front and rear would you recommend?

for now i am gonig to be keeping the standard head unit but will replace in time.

Clive the Clio no. 2
talking about 197 speakers,

does anyone know the part number of the little white clips that attach the wire to the speaker?

my brother cut them off when he was putting new speakers in and i want to put the old front speakers in the back!

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
are the front 5.25 then too?

what type of speaker shoud i get? i have no idea on all this coaxil stuff... :S

Ph1 172 + Combo van
component speakers in the front. and coaxil in the rear. you probally wont notice that much of a difference without a new headunit. and even with a new headunit you will still get some distortion at higher volumes if the speakers are not amped. but im assuming you dont want to do that.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
nah i just want it to sound a wee bit better tbh. i don't want the amp route either tbh.

i'll probably get some sort of alpine HU so i can get the ipod sorted with it too.

cheers for your help :)

Black 197
ok, the rears are 5.25... but what about the front ones? i fancy changing mine.

i cleaned up the interior today and the rears are a easy to get off and cabling in place. result!

i only breifly looked at the front ones but didn't try and take them off.

can any onw advice on how they are fixed on the front? i want to take them off so i can replace them.

further more, i have no idea about ICE. what speakers for the front and rear would you recommend?

for now i am gonig to be keeping the standard head unit but will replace in time.

the rear are the same speakers as the front. Ive just put them in the rear of mine. From dealer £25 all in. They plug and screw straight in. It makes a lot of difference just having sound in the rear. Def worth it.