ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 valve

Click 197
Hello everyone, had my 57 reg 197 not long and just wondering what this valve mounted on nearside inner wing and runs to inlet manifold does? KN cone filter fitted and all airbox removed, thanks.

Attachments

• DSC_0804.JPG
    DSC_0804.JPG
    7.1 MB · Views: 33

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Tbh if the airbox has been replaced the acoustic valve has probably been removed too, drop a picture on here mate and I'll tell you

But tbh you can remove the whole lot and just cap off the vacuum line. It's only to reduce induction noise

Click 197
Tbh if the airbox has been replaced the acoustic valve has probably been removed too, drop a picture on here mate and I'll tell you

But tbh you can remove the whole lot and just cap off the vacuum line. It's only to reduce induction noise
Nothing left of airbox, so probably can take off, will get picture tomorrow, thanks.

megane 285 sport
In standard form, theres a vacuum pipe from the plenum to that valve, and then a pipe from there to the acoustic valve. Probably been left plugged into the electrics due to it bringing a engine light on when unplugged.