ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 with esp & injector message

Clio 197 R26
Morning people
Ok need some help here, had the 197 some weeks now and it's been fine, the other night when going out I stopped at traffic lights and noticed it was hunting quite badly on idle, set off again and it drove fine, parked up, had my night out but on the return journey the car went into limp mode with esp and injector, flashing up on the dash, pulled onto the hard shoulder, switched off and back on, no limp mode, no message so set off again! Totally hammered it down the motorway, about 5 miles further, does the same thing, repeated the off/on to get me home around 8 times, each time getting slightly less time between doing it, like its a sensor breaking down slowly?
Anyway next day I drove round until it went into limp again, connected my code reader, shows nothing? Had a look round the engine bay, can't see anything out of place, limp mode causes it to run on the two inner cylinders and switches the two outer ones off it seems!
Anyway, because it was low on fuel I drove it steadily to the petrol station, treated it to some 99ron! Did a few blasts on the way back and no limp mode as yet, drove round the block a few times and still no limp, but need to go to work in it now so wondering if anyone's had this problem?