ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1995 1.2 tryin to stall on idle only when warm

clio 1.2 M reg
hey guys as the title says iv got a 1.2 1995 and its tryin to stall out on idle but only when its warm tho im just wonderin is this just gonna be the auto choke or is it sumthin else? Thanks in advance.

RB Clio 182
My first car was a 1.2 1997 clio and it occasionally cut out when changing down into second, it would start again straight away and when it was idling it would be very weak, later found out it was the idling valve, can't remeber how much it was but it was not much. Dunno if this is any help mate

M

mini-valver

ISCV is probably sticking, give it a clean and try it. Does it doe anything when driving? Ie at a constant speed or accelerating?

M

mini-valver

Yeah thats it. If it moves, its ok. Does it hesitate and misfire when its warm and you accelerate?

clio 1.2 M reg
Yeah thats it. If it moves, its ok. Does it hesitate and misfire when its warm and you accelerate?

Yeah it pops in and out all the time when its cold it dont have the problem its only when its got upto runnin temperature think it does hesitate a bit and it backfire's goin down the rev's and sumtimes between gear changes i no i dont drive it like an old man but i never hit redline either any idea's?

Could be a couple of things, if i had this problem on one of my cars i would check it in these order.

Spark plugs
Dizzy Cap
ICV
MAP Sensor
Lambo Sensor

If non of them fix it I would check the Throttle body gasket and make sure no air leaks.

Also make sure the fuels getting fuel'd properly.