ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1999 V Reg Alize

1999 Clio Alize
Hello all I recently purchased a 1.4 alize, I posted a thread about whether it was a 8v or 16v, as far as im aware its only an 8v. What im asking for is a list of all the specs really, because I have all the books apart from the user manual, so I am unable to know the exact features of my car. It has remote central locking am I right in thinking it has an alarm because theres a blinking light on the dash may be immboliser not sure.
If anybody has a book they want to sell or if anyone knows where I can get one it would be a real help!

thanks alot

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Well according to Parkers, if it was registered (produced) between 1 Feb 1999 to 5 Jan 2000 then it's a 8v. If it's 21 Jan 2000 to 18 Jun 2001 then it's a 16v.
1.4 Alize should be the same spec as a 1.4RT but with added air con, if that's any help to you.

Last edited:
Your renault stealer ought tobe able to help you out with the manual for it. If not check ebay as they come up on there.

1999 Clio Alize
thanks for the help, got the rattling sunroof problem lol, trying to sort it but not having ne luck so far!

fiesta 1.25
You wont sort it! lol and it doesnt have an alarm shouldnt do anyway.My mk2 ph1 has a light but it is the immobaliser i think.

1999 Clio Alize
yer thats what i thought, does your clio automatically lock after a copule of minutes? coz mine does lol? With regards to the sunroof, its driving me up the wall. Ive searched on here for a fix but not having any luck, some people say about putting a sponge in a certain place but I cant seem to find exactly where I have to put it. Also there are some people that say someting about wrapping tape over a metal rod I also am unable to find this. Any help would be good!

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Yea when you open the roof you will see a metal rod when up shut it this sits against another pieace of metal this is where you need to put the foam (i will get a pic tomorro) no alarm fitted to your car just immob and it will lock as its a self protect thing as its been unlocked but no one has opened the door. i would have said you car was and 8v if you open the bonnet is there a blue air box on top of it?

Octavia VRS
Well according to Parkers, if it was registered (produced) between 1 Feb 1999 to 5 Jan 2000 then it's a 8v. If it's 21 Jan 2000 to 18 Jun 2001 then it's a 16v.
1.4 Alize should be the same spec as a 1.4RT but with added air con, if that's any help to you.

Yep the Alize is based on a 1.4 RT
The 8v didn't come with colour coded mirrors altho the 16v did
The Alize came with AC (mine also has a sunroof :S lol)
NO alarm
other standard equipment was remote central locking, radio cassette, front fog lights, electric front windows, ABS, colour coded bumpers

1999 Clio Alize

NO alarm
other standard equipment was remote central locking, radio cassette, front fog lights, electric front windows, ABS, colour coded bumpers
Does your sunroof rattle?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
ShellzRT, what is the reg of your car, i'll find out in work about the engine

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
The mk1 clio never came in an alize model, i thiought they only came on 1999/2000/2001 cars??

Clio 197
only 2000 & 2001

I think 16v come with A/C but don't think 8v have it

any way got a pics here, hope it help

alize.gif

Last edited:
  BMW M5 & E36

NO alarm

My 2001 16v doesnt have ABS :S

Clio 197
have any of you guys had the sunroof rattle problem? if so did you manage to sort it all?

all clios have problem with manual sunroof but not the electric sunroof

** my mistake they do have A/C on some 8v but not all of them **

1999 Clio Alize
yer i thought so, thats annoying lol, ive shoved a load of sponge in and around the handle, seems to have helped a bit, but we shall see! mite try the plastic over the metal bar tip. ne one had ne luck with this?