ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1M Akrapovic/baller/lease baller/my c*ck is bigger than your c*ck thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Re: 1M Akrapovic

The 1M divides opinions with regards to looks, but also sound...Kind of S54 with a bit of whooooosh! Personally, I think it sounds terrible, but given the prestige of Akra, I'm certain it will be a quality product.

Worth it, probably not.

Z4

No for me.

Any pics of the actual car, Kingpin?

Im not sure we will ever see it..

Just no. If it could have carried it off without you looking like a prat BMW would have supplied something noisier as standard.

OEM all the way.

Not sure about that. Cars are very rarely at their full potential from the factory due to loads of reasons.

On a sidenote my mate just got himself an E90 M3 limited edition 500, it's such a shame bmw dropped that engine, dat noise!

Pics have been posted on here before but there's none online at the moment.

On topic, I've definitely decided against the exhaust. Thanks for your opinions.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member

If you want pictures, just use google iirc. Looks the same as all the other 1Ms.

Z4

It is a nice one though
747f5a4d835b7f64bb9ec7c8e3b82b1e.jpg

Swift Sport

I don't why people are so bothered about other folks perceptions of the exhaust.

1- It's not their car, so f**k 'em.
2- Everyone thinks a BMW driver is a prick anyway.

I don't why people are so bothered about other folks perceptions of the exhaust.

1- It's not their car, so f**k 'em.
2- Everyone thinks RDH is a prick anyway.

The Akrapovic is probably a bit antisocial to be fair. I agree with your second point though. Wholeheartedly.

Good choice on the pipe.

Has the steering wheel stayed looking good? How many miles have you covered in it now?

The wheel still looks great but could do with a clean. I've covered less than 6k in the year Ive had it. These days it does less than a hundred per month. It's currently on a touch over 9k and super high spec. Very special car.

Those chairs look a bit basic, thought they had something a bit more "recaro" in them?

Love Valencia Orange 1M's.

Those chairs look a bit basic, thought they had something a bit more "recaro" in them?

Love Valencia Orange 1M's.

A common criticism and not entirely unfounded. However they are pretty sweet. Fully electric heated memory leather. Could be a lot worse.

Here is a video that nicely demonstrates the OE exhaust sound.

Last edited by a moderator:

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

The wheel still looks great but could do with a clean. I've covered less than 6k in the year Ive had it. These days it does less than a hundred per month. It's currently on a touch over 9k and super high spec. Very special car.

I've no idea how you can do so few miles! Surely that defeats the object of owning something so special? I'd do 100 miles at a minimum every single time I pressed the start button (assuming it has one?)!

I've no idea how you can do so few miles! Surely that defeats the object of owning something so special? I'd do 100 miles at a minimum every single time I pressed the start button (assuming it has one?)!

It's not my daily driver now. I only get to use it at weekends. You could call it a waste, but it's such a special car that it's worth owning just for the sake of owning it. A splendid mix of pugnacious personality, quality, refinement, performance and handling. When I do drive it, it fills me with pleasure. That's all that matters.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member

did thet not have an orange stripe on the wheel?

blue looks slightly out of place

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

It's not my daily driver now. I only get to use it at weekends. You could call it a waste, but it's such a special car that it's worth owning just for the sake of owning it. A splendid mix of pugnacious personality, quality, refinement, performance and handling. When I do drive it, it fills me with pleasure. That's all that matters.

Not a waste as such, more a missed opportunity to experience those moments of joy an awful lot more. Regardless, you're in a nice position to have such a motor for pleasure only!

Suzuki Jimny

There's a bloke on Pistonheads who has a white one of these with the BMW performance seats, really makes the interior that bit more special.

Not a waste as such, more a missed opportunity to experience those moments of joy an awful lot more. Regardless, you're in a nice position to have such a motor for pleasure only!

Yes mate you're right. I feel very fortunate to own such a machine. Even more so because it's not losing any money.

Jaff, the wheel wasn't my choice. I bought the car used. Initially I had concerns about it, but after a while you don't even notice the blue stripe. What you do notice is the lovely alcantara. Adds a special touch to an already special car.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member

Yes mate you're right. I feel very fortunate to own such a machine. Even more so because it's not losing any money.

Jaff, the wheel wasn't my choice. I bought the car used. Initially I had concerns about it, but after a while you don't even notice the blue stripe. What you do notice is the lovely alcantara. Adds a special touch to an already special car.

ahh i thought you bought the wheel after the car. my bad.

looks great anyway, wish i could have one tbh, or the new M2

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member

Loving it in that colour; looks absolutely gorgeous. Yeah, I'm jealous :eek: Enjoy it mate. As I'm sure you have and will continue to do so!

Leon Cupra 300

Not for me at all..

I think these 1M's will hold their values nearly as well as csl's are years down the line, messing with them would put me right off.

Classic mini P 996

Hi Roy Great looking 1M love it :) I have recently purchased a Black 1M love it to bits i eco the comments on how it makes you feel its nice to have a modern M car that feels old skool and raw as this does, i came from a short stint in a C63 just felt i was missing "driving" all i ever did was keep it in auto and poodle along BUT on the subject of noise i do miss that aspect and feel of noise in the 1M so i don't blame you for thinking about the Akra..

I also have decided to keep it OEM but was looking into Burger Motorsports twin filter set up to release some turbo whistle and engine note. Currently all iv done is purchase a OEM steering wheel and have it trimmed in alcantara with M stitching that is it no need for anything else just keeping it mint and driving.

J

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Im not sure we will ever see it..

Not sure about that. Cars are very rarely at their full potential from the factory due to loads of reasons.

On a sidenote my mate just got himself an E90 M3 limited edition 500, it's such a shame bmw dropped that engine, dat noise!

Amen brother!

Status
Not open for further replies.