ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1st thing in the morning....

liquidized RacingBlue 182
wen i drive ma car 1st thing in the morning....for about the 1st 5 minz, changing gear feels really jumpy, just no the same as wen it is warmed up, does this happen to anyone else with a 182 cup? and if so whats the prob,, thanks

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
My 172 is awful when is cold. It jerks on changing gear and big sluggish.
Its a little bit lumpy for the first 5!:)

M2 Competition
Its something to do with the way they run for the first five mins, then something switches.

All rs' do it mate

Edit- closed loop induction is what i was trying to say!

liquidized RacingBlue 182
a goood, glad its not just mine!!! feeels crap!!! so i do try to warm it up before i go out! i guess there is no way of stopping it? just one of those things!

Trophy No. 440
As Rex says, they all do it.

It's something to do with keeping emissions down until the cat has warmed up and started working.

Last edited:
  R26
Same here on my 172. I sit and wait till the temp needle has moved off the minimum line and it drives fine......

EDIT: Not good for a quick getaway though! ;)

182 Full Fat
I hate it. I have to really pull the clutch up slowly, otherwise it surges back and then forward. Horrible!! Nice to know this is not uncommon

FordFocus
TrophyBoy said:
As Rex says, they all do it.

It's something to do with keeping emissions down until the cat has warmed up and started working.

Yes they all do it, my girlfriend took her 182 into Renault and they printed out a page from the computer from Renault UK, which explains its a design of the engine to get the cat upto operating efficiency quicker which helps emissions.

Mark

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
yea my 172 is the same. gald everyone else has the same was gonna ask about it on here. no need now. well at least it a common thing, not to worry

Dave

MY10 R35 GTR
same here mate. always bit neck jerking when changing gear in mornin. Even doin it slowly. Got into the habit of letting it run for a minute first before I set off.

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
mad_craig said:
wen i drive ma car 1st thing in the morning....for about the 1st 5 minz, changing gear feels really jumpy, just no the same as wen it is warmed up, does this happen to anyone else with a 182 cup? and if so whats the prob,, thanks

Nar man wat iz da problum? I karnt undastandz u withoutz propa english man.

Renaultsport Clio 182
Yea mine does it, not really annoying, suppose I've got used to it. Feels fine after a couple of minutes.

Phew, I'm glad it's a common thing, I'd noticed it too (hard not to really). It's good in a way, hard to rag it when it's cold, whilst it's all jumpy. Makes me feel sea sick:dead:

Hold the car at 3 thousand revs while moving, after a short while the thing rockets off.

It feels nice.

Clio 200 Raider
mine does this aswell, its ok when u go a few mins down the road though.
although when i turn the key to start it every morning it will not start first time second time fine though whats that about? getting really annoying now as it never starts first time. this is in my cup by the way

Clio 172 Mk2
canky said:
mine does this aswell, its ok when u go a few mins down the road though.
although when i turn the key to start it every morning it will not start first time second time fine though whats that about? getting really annoying now as it never starts first time. this is in my cup by the way

Got the same problem mate, i didnt have this before, but over the past couple of months it never has started first timem second time just starts up with no issues

iv got the lumpy cold issue to, really annoying and quite dangerous in carparks imo, sometimes it just... shoots off by itself

Clio 200 Raider
FishThrower said:
Got the same problem mate, i didnt have this before, but over the past couple of months it never has started first timem second time just starts up with no issues

iv got the lumpy cold issue to, really annoying and quite dangerous in carparks imo, sometimes it just... shoots off by itself

i had it about 2 months after i got the car and now ever since. just annoying knowing it isnt going to start first time. ive tried holding the clutch down (duno if that makes any difference lol) also swapped keys nothing seems to work. i park on a sloped drive does this make any difference?
wot do u think the problem is can it be fixed?

Clio 172 Mk2
canky said:
i had it about 2 months after i got the car and now ever since. just annoying knowing it isnt going to start first time. ive tried holding the clutch down (duno if that makes any difference lol) also swapped keys nothing seems to work. i park on a sloped drive does this make any difference?
wot do u think the problem is can it be fixed?

I park on a sloped drive as well, im not too sure to be honest, could be wear and tear, mine never did use to do it, maybe the starter motor is on its way out or something

MK1 V6 Lutecia / 197
mad_craig said:

Can you please make some kind of effort at basic grammar and punctuation? :rolleyes:

It would take you all of another 5 seconds to add in the h's to when, capitilize the I's, use commas correctly, use question marks correctly etc.....and generally spell words correctly.

You're english teacher would be appalled. Ignorance is a weakness and web speak should not be an excuse for bad grammar.

There are 15 basic grammatical errors in your post. Can you find them?

BMW E46 330i Touring
Innit geez...

I've never really noticed it being that bad to be honest, certainly not dangerous. Yeah it's a bit sluggish and jerky, but nothing that's a concern if you've got decent clutch control.

Mine is also the same but not always. I seems to be random and doesnt really matter on the weather. It's always been the same. I quite like it as part of the character :eek:

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
R8TDL said:
Can you please make some kind of effort at basic grammar and punctuation? :rolleyes:

It would take you all of another 5 seconds to add in the h's to when, capitilize the I's, use commas correctly, use question marks correctly etc.....and generally spell words correctly.

You're english teacher would be appalled. Ignorance is a weakness and web speak should not be an excuse for bad grammar.

I tried to say it in his language but I think he didn't read it. It is truely shocking that people type like that.

R8TDL said:
There's probably about 15 errors (some are just the writing style) in your post too, but I won't point them out as I agree as to what you're getting at.:rasp:

Edit: feel free to go through my posts and show my errors too, my grammar is atrocious.