ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2.0 16V Badges

Monaco 172 2/468
Whats the best way to clean these up, mine has got little green dots all over it, bit like moss lol

Given it a decent clean when washing, but not tried anything else.... any ideas :D

Cheers

Monaco 172 2/468
What is autosol ?

... and no mate, the green shat is what was left after the wash :( I want it gone lol

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
autosol is metal polish, worked wonders on mine, you just need something with a cutting agent in like scratch x?

Monaco 172 2/468
b3nje said:
autosol is metal polish, worked wonders on mine, you just need something with a cutting agent in like scratch x?

Ah I have some scratch-x and been trying it on my paintwork, didn't know you could use it on that...... although don't know if i'm using that right :S I was just kind of hoying it on with a microfibre and rubbing fast lol

... I'll await being laughed at by Rich for my technique :cool:

106 GTi
They are plastic painted silver though are they not?, just use whatever you use on your paintwork - clay, polish and wax.

muz

big fat japanese bus
i clayed mine and also sparingly used auto glym intensive tar remover worked a treat :)

Monaco 172 2/468
Yes they are plastic Rich, ok guys thanks for the advice.... I'll give it a crack tomorrow if it's warm enough lol

Where abouts are you based Rich ? I've noticed you are the PC man !!

al

ST on the way...
I know the stantard clios are plastic but I thought the RS's we're metal, i'm sure the ones on my mates 172 are, they sound it when you tap them.

Monaco 172 2/468
Rich said:
Between Worcester and Gloucester mate.

Ah cheers, I really want my car doing, and some help with it etc, but i'm in Leeds....... whats the furthest someone has travelled to you lol

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
al, i got some laying around and they are plastic but the actual top of them feels metal like!alot lot heavyer than the standard 16v ones

Cupra
Ibanezman said:
Yes they are plastic Rich, ok guys thanks for the advice.... I'll give it a crack tomorrow if it's warm enough lol

Where abouts are you based Rich ? I've noticed you are the PC man !!

Did you have any luck with them? I spent 4 hours on my car today with a full clay, polish and wax but could not clean up the badges..... I only tried the clay though, did not have any scratch-x.