ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Arch Liner Alternatives

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Seeing as hen's teeth are more common than a decent set of arch liners, what have people used as alternatives?
I've taken mine off (the usual they were damaged, broken, fixings were toast and been cut and drilled out and the one dragged on the road if it wasn't cable tied up, plus it makes getting the bumper off easier too), cleaned behind them and then chucked a load of underseal for a bit more protection, but there are two massive holes that the liners used to cover up that I want to cover over to stop any dirt and debris getting into the engine bay area.

I was thinking either cutting the old liners up in a way to cover the areas to protect and putting a few rivnuts into the inner wheel arch to fit them. Or getting some other suitable material and doing the same? Downside to that is that the original liners are in the right shape.

Anyone done anything simlar?

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Surely they’d need to be injection moulded instead of 3d printed as the machine needed to print it would be massive. Happy to be proven wrong though.

Clio 182
I managed to use standard Clio ones. Didn't quite fit but I made it work.
Better than all the crud getting thrown onto engine belts like before.