ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2 down 2 to go! Refurb progress

No more clio's for me!
Well, finally got two of the wheels finished now and i can finally see what their going to look like. I'm quite happy with how they've come out, there are a few areas which could have been done better, but hey its been done with spray cans from halfrauds! lol

Heres a few pics for ya :)

IMG_3888.jpg

IMG_3889.jpg

Not the best pics in the world! lol ;)

The other two need a bit work due to the kurb damage, but i've managed to fill (keeping the curve of the rim :D) and smooth down one alloy, heres a few before and afters. :)

IMG_3687.jpg

IMG_3689.jpg

IMG_3695.jpg

IMG_3696.jpg

Ta,
Dan :)

No more clio's for me!
Cheers Matt, after using way too much paint and fcuking up the first one ten times, i've finally got the hang of it ;) lol

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Nice one Dan . Looks like you've done a good job there mate . Alot cheaper than paying to have em refurbed eh ;) Did you use the metallic filler i mentioned , the Upol D Metallic Filler ?

No more clio's for me!
MRBILLYUK said:
Nice one Dan . Looks like you've done a good job there mate . Alot cheaper than paying to have em refurbed eh ;) Did you use the metallic filler i mentioned , the Upol D Metallic Filler ?

I had something very similar in my stash. ;)

Works a treat and a piece of piss to sand down...which was very lucky in some cases! lol

172, Tiguan
Look fantastic, but you've painted the areas where the wheel nuts go. I did this on mine and the bolts kept coming loose due to the paint heating at a different rate to the metal (i assumed)! Took the paint off of that section and they were fine after that. Worth doing let me tell you!!!! :D

Chocolate Bar™
good to see your finally getting there dan.

if you fit them to your car and the missus nags you to get rid of your other set give us a ring, as i need a set ;)

No more clio's for me!
No worries mate will do ;)

Just hope their careful with them putting them on, i can see me doing a lot of touch ups on the edges! :rolleyes:

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
jon_r said:
Look fantastic, but you've painted the areas where the wheel nuts go. I did this on mine and the bolts kept coming loose due to the paint heating at a different rate to the metal (i assumed)! Took the paint off of that section and they were fine after that. Worth doing let me tell you!!!! :D

I did this and almost lost a wheel mid-session at Goodwood.

Before you fit them you MUST remove the paint from the bolt hole where the wheel bolt seats...or the same might happen to you!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
they look awesome mate!
will look the dogs once they're on the car! how much do you charge?!

No more clio's for me!
Patrick_g46 said:
little bit of paitn remover then hose off, paint shud just flake off

Cheers mate, i'll make sure i'll get some sorted, don't want me wheels to fall off lol :)

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
dannyboy172 said:
Cheers mate.

60-90quid depending on materials and time ;)

that each or for a set of 4?!
do i get some courtesy wheels whilst your doing mine?!

No more clio's for me!
Thats a set bud.

I will have a set of spare 172 alloys without tyres. Justin-172 is first in the que mind. ;)