ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2 Years in the waiting - NEW BUS

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
After two years of my wee red rocket, cough, 1.2l 65BHP clio, i now have a new car. Head went on the clio again and i fixed it, but enough is enough. I am now looking for a lockup for the clio so i can keep it but do many things to it to have fun.

This will be my daily drive, yes diesel, satans fuel, however when im doing 15K to 20K a year so it made sense for me after doing the figures.

I managed to get a brand new Fiesta TDCI Zetec-S, this was a specific car i was after too so its a double bonus.

Must say im pretty pleased with the new car, and i rekon after the 1000 mile run in period i feel it will be quite a pokey car.

Anyway here are some pics i took.

fiesta-01-01-09-02.jpg

fiesta-01-01-09-03.jpg

fiesta-01-01-09-04.jpg

fiesta-01-01-09-05.jpg

fiesta-01-01-09-07.jpg

fiesta-01-01-09-08.jpg

fiesta-01-01-09-09.jpg

fiesta-01-01-09-10.jpg

fiesta-01-01-09-11.jpg

fiesta-01-01-09-14.jpg

fiesta-01-01-09-15.jpg

fiesta-01-01-09-19.jpg

fiesta-01-01-09-20.jpg

fiesta-01-01-09-21.jpg

fiesta-01-01-09-22.jpg

Last pic was for fun when i was shaking.

fiesta-01-01-09-28.jpg

Hope you like it, although the clio is away being fixed right now, the fiesta is now my main driver and clio will be for fun hopefully.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I like, wish i'd bouhgt one in a way, would have saved me loads.

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
no bad adam enjoy it.
once it loosens up it should be decent (they get better after about 10k when they fully break in). Once its out of warranty then it should map to about 120. any warranty questions or anything ping me a text.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
no bad adam enjoy it.
once it loosens up it should be decent (they get better after about 10k when they fully break in). Once its out of warranty then it should map to about 120. any warranty questions or anything ping me a text.
Warranty, thats 3 years away, i doubt i could wait that long at all :dapprove:.

CLIO172, BMW3, 3061.
nice dude. im a big fan of the 5 door astra 1.9 Turbo Diesel right now. Had one last week as a rental. 6 gears dude. lovely on the motorway :)

nice fezzy tho :)

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
I'd advise against doing anything to the car for the first year because of how the strict ford have got with the warranty recently, after then you could chance it, the only real way you'd get found out for mapping it is if the need to connect up IDS and it cant communicate with that section of the pcm, they would try flashing the pcm, which could either not make a difference or erase the map. if it still cant communicate the pcm gets replaced, your one gets sent off to ford who footer and see if its been tampered with, but they'd only check that if you report the car running funny like a hunting idle or the likes. OR if the car is clearly alot faster than it should be then, its the workshop controller and service managers call on if they will entrain any claims and what would be invalidated.

Last edited:
  Mondeo TXS Bardge.
nah needs colour coding first!, but the side strips would need to be done on the car as they are glued on.- not really its just 2 6mm thick strips of double sided tap. you can pull them off, and iirc they are are no indentations behind them just smooth panels but dont quote me on that. lol

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Really nice choice. Rather than colour coding the existing side strips, i'd get the st side strips in black. Good cars, i prefer the way they handle to the st.

Good choice, one of the better small diesel and nice upgrade.

But brand new? Someone's got cash to burn/lose at the moment...

Corsa Van. Meh.
Good choice, I would of had one of these over the focus but they are a bit too small for the gear I have to carry for work.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Hmm. dont know about these.. million times better than ur clio right enough!

:)

koi

Audi S1
Looks tidy buddy, you get that in your Christmas stocking?

As said above either colour code or remove the side strips

Very nice, would love one of these for travelling to and from motorsport events, looks good but is very economical (my god, I'm getting old)

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Mint, TDCi Zetec S is the pick of the range imo, you get a good deal on it?
Excellent deal on it to be fair. Insurance is cheap if i move away from quinn direct for Fully Comp

Really nice choice. Rather than colour coding the existing side strips, i'd get the st side strips in black. Good cars, i prefer the way they handle to the st.
Colour coding is already being delt with, the side strips are grey at the moment, quite poor.

Good choice, one of the better small diesel and nice upgrade.

But brand new? Someone's got cash to burn/lose at the moment...
Thanks ally, yep brand new, haha, it was a good deal.

Hmm. dont know about these.. million times better than ur clio right enough!

:)
True yes, cant wait to see what it really does.

Looks tidy buddy, you get that in your Christmas stocking?

As said above either colour code or remove the side strips
Got it just after, but pretty much knew i would get it after christmas.

What you doing with your old MK1 ?
Rob, keeping that if i can get a lockup then tinkering with it.

Looking good bud. Get the MK1 a Willy lump with ITB's
Could be an option but the 16v 1.8 is easier to get a hold of.

Are you going to map the fiesta.
Eventually i believe i will be ian.

Thanks for all the comments guys, really appreciated.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
nae bad tex,my guess in message was right
Thought they were bigger than 90bhp though!
Kick the erse oota though as mine got babied fae new before i got it and took ages to loosen up.
Oh and welcome to the crapy black paint club

Banana
Very nice Adamski, very good handling I've heard.
Whatcha gonna do with your free time now you won't be replacing alternators, starter motors, heads, big ends, bushes, respraying etc ;)

Motorbikes
Very nice wee car Adam, I looked into one of these but ended up going for the Astra... would have saved a fortune with the ZS.

Looked into a tuning box? No warranty issues as you can take it straight off again in 2 mins, dont tell Jaff though ;) But as Alan says, Eibachs, ST wheels and it'll look mint.

M2 / Golf GTI
Make sure you get some ST skirts :) Should be able to pick some panther black ones up easily enough. Eibachs give a good ride on them too.