ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

200 Down.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Re: ohh dear ... poor 200 cup

Pmsl! Easy to repair. f**k off!

I have a good mind to phone the guy!

The old, lets go fast in the snow my 200 handles great!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Pmsl! Easy to repair. f**k off!

I have a good mind to phone the guy!

The old, lets go fast in the snow my 200 handles great!

Clio 172 Cup
I'd love to know how that happened!

I had almost the same on my Fiesta ( not half as bad!) Still to this day I don't know how it happened. Was parked in a Supermarket car park :S

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Don't buy a car that's been rolled, that's a recipe for disaster.

Speaking from experience.

It doesn't look like it's been rolled. Maybe a falling lamp post/tree. Something of that nature? Either way, it has significant structural damage.

Gally, would that be jacked out, or cut out and replaced? Certainly doesn't look easy to repair, as has already been said.

PS 200
"£10,850 or bestest offer."

Written by a 2 year old :D

Make an offer of £3k and they would have to honour it (if it's the bestest)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It doesn't look like it's been rolled. Maybe a falling lamp post/tree. Something of that nature? Either way, it has significant structural damage.

Gally, would that be jacked out, or cut out and replaced? Certainly doesn't look easy to repair, as has already been said.
The inner strengthiner would be jacked out and possibly be repaired but the outer part of the 'a' post would be replaced tbh.

Going with the rear screen and quarter I would say it's at least been on it's side, not worth what he's asking anyway. He's just trying to claw as much as he can back.

I only had a quick look tbh at the pictures.

clio 172 cup
i damaged my 206 door pillar worse than that got told it was a right off, pillar was twisted that was hitting a lampost sideways in the snow at about 30mph cost £800 to fix but that was from a friends garage

The inner strengthiner would be jacked out and possibly be repaired but the outer part of the 'a' post would be replaced tbh.

All a nightmare. I know that this area of the car will be held together with many many spot welds, and some of the panels will be quite thick. An integrated part of the structure that's not exactly designed to be replaced.

I would stay the f**k away from that car at any price.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Most reinforcements these days pillar wise can't be sectioned Roy, Vauxhall and some of the higher end stuff lexus ect... are using high strength steels as you probably know on the inner sills b' posts a' post ect...

They need to be replaced fully unlike a lot of other manufacturers where you can just put the section you need in. I
t's a good idea in theory safety wise and to keep the highest standards but a nightmare for bodyshops and the like.

Maybe if it was cheaper it would be a good buy for someone with the means to fix it.

Golf GT TDI
you can clearly see its not been rolled, its caught something and gone down the side taking rear windows with it.

you can see the marks on the top of the quarter

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Could you buy a boggo MK3 and swap the stuff over?

Good project etc!!!

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
This ain't the one that got damaged the other night at the the cat and fiddle run is it? Although saying that seems a bit quick to be registered as a cat D?!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
This ain't the one that got damaged the other night at the the cat and fiddle run is it? Although saying that seems a bit quick to be registered as a cat D?!

Why? Its structure damage..

It doesnt take much to write off a car, a pick axe through the roof makes any car a write off

Last edited:

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Why? Its structure damage..

It doesnt take much to write off a car, a pick axe through the roof makes any car a write off

Well i say that due to the one i thought i maybe the same as only happened at some point over late last week/weekend, and i know that insurance assesors don't work that bloody quick especially over the weekend!