ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

200 gearbox modification/changes??

RenaultSport clio 17
Does anyone know if the last run of the 200's had a gearbox modification done to cure the previous issues?

Keep hearing this but its all conjecture I think?

Does anyone in the trade know for sure, and if so when it was done?

I have the option on a 2012 car with white rev counter facia or a good secondhand one 2010 with yellow. Is there any difference in the gearboxes used?

Thanks​

RenaultSport clio 17
afaik no, theyre just as likely to s**t themselves as an '06 197

also, buy on spec and service history, not because of dials :p

I didnt ask for advice on how to buy car :dapprove: The later models have a white rev counter dial and hence possible gearbox mod!

Thanks, but more conjecture does not help me.

Last edited:
  RenaultSport clio 17
Thanks,
The point I was trying to make was, is it worth paying the extra for the newer car if it is going to be more reliable with respect to the gearbox issue.

Just want to stick to the topic, but thanks anyway and apologies if its misleading

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
They're the same box. No changes. All 200's are.

Mine's one of the last builds with the white tacho.

Ly Cliosport 200
av done 18500 and mines crunches everytime i go into 3rd gear.. thankfully still under warranty! just started happening this weekend.