ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

200 gearbox!!!

Renaultsport clio 200 cup
the 200 developed a crunching noise when changing down into 4th gear so took it to the renault dealers only to have them tell me it needs a new gearbox!after 7000 miles!!shocked an raging so i am as am going to be without the car for a few days. luckly enough its under warranty so eases it abit!

Da

Less
Annoying, but not the end of the world I guess - least it's still under warranty.

Get onto RUK and they should provide you with a courtesy car.

Renaultsport clio 200 cup
so it seems to be a common problem. yeah def happy that its under warranty. the service desk have got me sorted out for a courtesy car for when its in.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Mine used to crunch from 4th to 5th all the time!
Something that definatly shouldn't be happening

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
i have a gearbox to change tomorrow on a 197, due to notchy second gear

Lionel Richie
the ND0 box from nissan (in the meganes) is sound, yet the renault 197/200 box is again a bit s**t, leave the gearbox's to nissan please!

Nissan 350z
Ive actually noticed mine is crunching occasionaly going from 1st to 2nd (seems worse when cold, once warmed i cant say ive noticed it). I'll see how things go before i start getting worried as the box is very notchy anyway.

Nissan 350z
Its under warranty isnt it Timmay, cant see why you would loose any sleep over this. It deffiately doesnt seem to stop people spec'ing recaros given the blatent warranty issue that they are.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
In all fairness you did rag the living daylights out of yours.

Lol people on here assume I ragged it EVERYWHERE, not at all.....I used to drive it quick but only when conditions allowed, which wasn't that often.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Lol people on here assume I ragged it EVERYWHERE, not at all.....I used to drive it quick but only when conditions allowed, which wasn't that often.

Wasn't that often?? How many sets of tyres did you get through?? (don't lie. I'm ill, off work, and bored enough to find the thread when you mentioned it lol).

Black RS200
Ive actually noticed mine is crunching occasionaly going from 1st to 2nd (seems worse when cold, once warmed i cant say ive noticed it). I'll see how things go before i start getting worried as the box is very notchy anyway.

Mines the same, 1st to 2nd for the first 5 mins of driving then its fine after that. It was the first thing i noticed when i picked it up from new. Might tell them about it when it goes for service.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
My 182 'box crunched occassionally when I first got it. I put that down to 'newness' but the problem went away immediately (and forever since) with a gearbox oil change.

It does sound a lot more specific an issue on the 200's though.

D.

Black RS200
My 182 'box crunched occassionally when I first got it. I put that down to 'newness' but the problem went away immediately (and forever since) with a gearbox oil change.

It does sound a lot more specific an issue on the 200's though.

D.

My 182 was fine, on the 200 like yourself i put it down to newness, but now i have read other ppl have had problems it might be worth saying something when it goes for service.

clio 172 phase 2
there is a recal (OTS in renault language) on the 200 gearbox's i do beleive, for this problem which involves a new gearbox being fitted

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
3 sets on front and none on back lol
Exactly. You drove it like a plank. Hammered from standing starts etc, hence why the fronts got so much wear. I wouldn't of been surprised if the whole car spontaneously exploded.

White clique
is it the same gearbox as the 197? I'm nit sure if its an urban myth but i thought they used 2 boxes for the 197, and early version then an improved one around the 08 plate? Either way my old 197 had 3rd gear crunch, and it seems the problem isnt solved!

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
there is a recal (OTS in renault language) on the 200 gearbox's i do beleive, for this problem which involves a new gearbox being fitted

Have seen anything about that. 197/200 are the same boxes
ive done about 5/6 boxes on 197 there very notchy when cold