ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

200 Gordini #3 pics...

Dont mind the rear and the interior.

The front and those wheels are gash though...And dont get me started on the side of the gaps between the wheel and arches!

Ph 1 172
those alloys are f**king gash lol.... what where the renault guys thinking...i got it lets make the best fwd hot hatch we have made to date give it some styling to match the rest of the gordini cars we have done.......s**t hang a second we have forgot the alloys "can someone nip to halfords and get those ripspeed ones please" lol hopefully there is an optional extra on the alloys to get them changed

Swift Sport
I posted back on page 1 and thought I'd go back a few days later to see if it had grown on me at all...

...f**k me it looks even worse! :dead:

No Car ATM
Hi all, thought id post as im really surprised by so much negativity towards this car. Joined up on the forum looking for positive comments, and glad to see that a few of you do actually really like it.

I have just placed an order for a this car with the cup chassis from Renault UK, as we had been messed around by VW like you wouldnt believe trying to order a Polo GTI.

We wanted a car that would be in stock, and available pretty much straight away, so decided a Gordini would be the best option. We were originally promised delivery of the Polo GTI by VW in July, this slipped and slipped, and would have now been September. Unacceptable, we have been driving a cheap runaround since the start of May and just wanted a new car now. Having been a dubber all my driving life, i decided to take the blinkers off and have a stab at something else.

We ideally wanted a Blue/White Clio RS with Cup chassis option, but didnt want to wait for a factory order. Only cars available were Gordinis. We had read all the details about them in advance, and knew what it had over the standard car.

We decided to go for it. Got an ok discount from the dealership and agreed. Signed up for the car today. Should be with us in about 1 week.

In my eyes, it really doesnt look that much different from the standard 200, the colour is fantastic, there are just a few subtle details.

I have to be honest, the standard wheels are not my cup of tea, and we will most likely change them for some black TD Pro Race 1.2 or something else, if they will fit in front of the Brembos. :cool:

All in all, if we change the wheels and remove the vinyl, i think it will look fantastic. Anyway, please dont shoot me down in flames too much. Hope you lot will welcome me onto the forum with open arms, especially as i am a defectee from the VW world!! :evil:

fez

Clio 182 cup
wtf were they thinking the guy who came up with that set up should never be allowed near a car

Goliath I
Hi all, thought id post as im really surprised by so much negativity towards this car. Joined up on the forum looking for positive comments, and glad to see that a few of you do actually really like it.

I have just placed an order for a this car with the cup chassis from Renault UK, as we had been messed around by VW like you wouldnt believe trying to order a Polo GTI.

We wanted a car that would be in stock, and available pretty much straight away, so decided a Gordini would be the best option. We were originally promised delivery of the Polo GTI by VW in July, this slipped and slipped, and would have now been September. Unacceptable, we have been driving a cheap runaround since the start of May and just wanted a new car now. Having been a dubber all my driving life, i decided to take the blinkers off and have a stab at something else.

We ideally wanted a Blue/White Clio RS with Cup chassis option, but didnt want to wait for a factory order. Only cars available were Gordinis. We had read all the details about them in advance, and knew what it had over the standard car.

We decided to go for it. Got an ok discount from the dealership and agreed. Signed up for the car today. Should be with us in about 1 week.

In my eyes, it really doesnt look that much different from the standard 200, the colour is fantastic, there are just a few subtle details.

I have to be honest, the standard wheels are not my cup of tea, and we will most likely change them for some black TD Pro Race 1.2 or something else, if they will fit in front of the Brembos. :cool:

All in all, if we change the wheels and remove the vinyl, i think it will look fantastic. Anyway, please dont shoot me down in flames too much. Hope you lot will welcome me onto the forum with open arms, especially as i am a defectee from the VW world!! :evil:

C'mon admit it, you work for Renault don't you

No Car ATM
Nope. Oh well, i like it. Doesnt sound like ill get a lot of love here for buying the car, so ill skulk off somewhere else. :)

welcome to cs im sure ive heard the polo wasn't going to available till around august anyway so you were being strung along from the moment you placed the order :dead:

No Car ATM
welcome to cs im sure ive heard the polo wasn't going to available till around august anyway so you were being strung along from the moment you placed the order :dead:

Thanks. July was the original date, in all the UK press releases. Strung on, and on, and then on again by the dealerships. I know of myself and 2 other people that have now cancelled Polo GTI orders because of this, 2x of us have bought Gordinis instead.

Goliath I
Tbh I'm probably more jealous than anything. Where there are some features and presentations I dislike, its still an exceptional hot hatch...

Lucky bar-steward ;)

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
I dont mind it personally... Other than the terrible wheels, That said Renault seem to have a contract with Halfords to supply wheels for the sport range currently, so hardly surprising.

GTD, Lupo
Thanks. July was the original date, in all the UK press releases. Strung on, and on, and then on again by the dealerships. I know of myself and 2 other people that have now cancelled Polo GTI orders because of this, 2x of us have bought Gordinis instead.

Hey Deako, i too came from VWs to a 200 and was one of the first to get one over a year ago, It took a while but the 200 has grown on the people here. If you really want to get ripped to bits by a load of blinkered people try going back to one of the VW forums and tell them what you have done :D

Paul

No Car ATM
Paul, i think i will pass on that. LOL. I have been a member of Club GTI for the past 10 years and was even the Membership Secretary. I still think the Gordini is a looker, and quite striking in its appearance. Not for the shy certainly.

The wheels are not my cup of tea though, sadly the only Cup versions i could order all had blue inserts, they would look more subtle with the black.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Are they charging people £100 for those wheels, seriously?

Richard are you in contact with Renault design at all?

I'd like to have a word maybe send a letter.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I can't get over the wheels.

Well, they are 17". :p

Seriously though, they're some of the worst I've seen.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
total abomination.

i mean really? srs?

i cannot measure the level of gashness that car is emitting.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Lols at the comments. Are they f**king blind in the design/marketing department?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Wow. Is that blue leather?

LMAO. Just noticed the gear gaiter that looks like a Christmas decoration.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yes but the blue on the wheels Chris! They are blue!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Feel the love in this thread. Think ill find a friendlier forum.

It's a very friendly place really mate, but people are going to voice their opinons, on new cars especially.

CS is more about subtlety and not making a car look "chavvy".

I think the biggest problem is the wheels, they look similar to the wolfrace or whatever it is that halfords sell with the pink interior spokes.

On the bright side, you type very well, you must have one of those braile keyboards? ;)

Meg 250/E36 Touring
Deako - It's worth doing some 200 associated thread searches.

Were lots of negative comments on the 200 when it was announced/launched and yet many have now ordered......

Before I go and 'phone the designer' I'll wait to see if some love grows! and see if the 500 cars sell or not first;)