ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

200 handling mods, yes or no...

ff cup ur 200
i have a ff 200 with the cup chassis which is standard apart from ferodo ds2500 front pads which I fitted this year as I planned on tracking it and 4 track days later ive got the bug, now I have no intention of trying to gain more power from it as from what ive seen this year on the trackdays I have done is extra power makes next to no difference (within reason!). my intention is to fit a eibach camber kit and some braided hoses and uprated fluid as as both are cheap and the neg camber should help with the scrubbed edges on my tyres, I am currently running Michelin pilot sport 3 tyres and plan on running 2.5 degrees of neg camber all round. what I wanted to gauge peoples opinions on was whether a spacer kit (19mm) and lowering springs with standard dampers would improve the handling or not? any thought or experiences would be much appreciated.

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
If you have a cup chassis i would leave well alone, tuition and tyres only i was told:)

ff cup ur 200
I did pretty much think this with regard to the spacers and springs as it feels great as it is.

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
The 200 is the first car I've had where I feel it's perfectly good in standard form, just better tyres.

No need to modify anything

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Get braided hoses and new fluid. That's what I'm planning too :)

H&R 30mm springs are meant to be no stiffer than the cup springs, and it imagine the extra drop will help keep it planted.. More so than standard.

The camber and spacers I can't help you with but It can't hurt to try :)