ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

200 Headunit fitting questions

Ok, I've had a search and raked through the numerous threads to do with fitting an aftermarket headunit in a 200, but none give me straight definite answers as to what I need.

I have an Alpine CDE - 9881RB headunit (According to the gubbins written on the fascia) with Ipod connector, and all the connectors needed for it to fit and work perfectly in my MK2 1.2 and 172. My car is a 2009 200.

I've read lots of threads where things like wiring into the cigarette lighter is mentioned and systems called quadlock/canbus etc and it baffles me completely, so could someone tell me if:

A. The headunit/connectors I have will work ok with the 200, if not then point me in the right direction of what I need to fit it

B. If I need to do any wiring to do with the cigarette lighter/live feeds or not

Thanks a lot in advance if anyone can help.

Da

Less
A) I doubt the connectors will fit. Even the 197's (2006+) have a different system to the 200's.

B) Doubt it - but that depends on the connector you eventually buy.

Any headunit will fit any car with he correct ISO adaptor, but bare in mind you'll lose steering controls and head up display.