ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

200 Vs 200 Cup

58 Dynamique S 1.2 TCE
I am looking at getting a Clio 200. I went into Lookers Chester and they have a offer on a 200 Cup @ £199 over 24 months £1000 deposit.

Really wanted a full fat but this seems a good offer that i could easily afford. Anyone got and advise between the 200 and the 200 Cup.

Thanks

200 Gordini
Go and see what your local dealer can do to match it, or even get close with more mileage and options etc etc

58 Dynamique S 1.2 TCE
Cash Price: £13,751.36
Deposit £999.00
24 Monthly Payments: £199.00
Optional Final Payment: £8,725.00
Total Amount Payable: £14,500.00

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Its not a bad deal (for some), but you have to find nearly 9k after two years, or hand it back. Seems daft to me. And you are capped to 6000 miles a year.

TBF, that's not a bad deal. It'll cost you more than that to rent one.

Just think of it like a hire and just bin it after 2 years and scrap the final payment.

Surely you're not capped to any miles on a finance deal, Gaz?

Mk5 golf gti
sounds like a great deal to me but id deffo shop around an see if you can get more for your money first

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
The deal is for a Cup, no options. As soon as you start speccing the car up, the monthly payments increase also

If i wasn't saving for a house i'd have probably gone for it tbh, just increased the annual mileage :)

Peugeot 207 Sport 1.6
i just bought a 200 with the optional cup chassis... but only did it cuz i love the liquid yellow paint! i think the 200 cup & 200 are pretty much the same. the Cup is 1k cheaper and is more of a hard going track car.. where as the 200 is an everyday softer car... has AC and is better on the everyday road and feels nice inside.

MKV GTI
I don't understand the logic in finance deals, you pay a deposit then the 24 monthly payments then if you can't afford the ballon payment you give it back after never properly owning the car.

You are then roughly 6k worse off with nothing to show for it. I personally will only ever buy a car if I can pay for it in full in one go just seems like a waste of money to me!?

Iceberg 172
I don't understand the logic in finance deals, you pay a deposit then the 24 monthly payments then if you can't afford the ballon payment you give it back after never properly owning the car.

You are then roughly 6k worse off with nothing to show for it. I personally will only ever buy a car if I can pay for it in full in one go just seems like a waste of money to me!?

I was the same as you until I spoke to a mate who was leasing a merc ml.

How much do you think you'll lose in 2 years of owning a 200 from brand new??

Leasing it for 2 years will cost £5775, that's cheap IMO. I would of thought the depreciation on it would be more. Especially if you was to buy it new then take it back to a main dealer to get another new one.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

Flip side is why tie up thousands in capital, in a depreciating asset? Lets say the list price is £15k ish, which you pay outright. After 2 years, you sell.

Or take the finance route, and invest £14k. Invest widely and you'd probably end up better off.

MKV GTI
Point taken, didn't take into account the horrendous depreciation of all renaultsports lol!

I still would personally only buy a car if I had the money to do so, however never say never that does seem like a fare deal especially if you traded your old car in and got even more money down on th new car both reducing monthly payments and the balloon payment!