ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2001 Clio RSI 1.6

kangoo
I bought this clio off piston heads classifieds early last year but just never got time to start doing anything with it till a couple of months ago.
In the past I’ve had a couple of clios, a Ph1 V6 which I wish I had never sold and a 172 track car. I saw this had been advertised for a while and for the price with not many of them still about I decided to buy it. Only down side the seller was in Bristol and I live near Hull.
I know it’s not a performance Clio and it’s not fast but it’s still a fun little car to drive.

The first two owners, mother then daughter had all servicing and mots done at the supplying garage. The car came with a fully stamped up service history, all the original handbooks, 2 keys and plenty of receipts as well. Everything works the A/C is nice and cold, sunroof does not leak all round it drives really well. Even has 4 matching Michelin tyres fitted by the dealer.

The owner before me did plenty of little things to tidy it up including shocks, full brake service, new genuine floor mats and period number plates.

I’ve done so far:

Mot - passed with no advisories
Changed the fog light bulbs back to white instead of yellow
Two new front wings as the originals both had stress cracks - still to fit
Air temp sensor
Alarm sensor brackets
Service items -
Cabin filter
Fuel filter
Oil filter
New sparks plugs
Gave it a good clean inside and out

when I bought it, it came with a K&N 57i induction kit which i hope to fit this week.

current mileage 99950

6C0BD93A-CE4F-44E1-906A-BDC4ADB9BF42.jpeg

A115C5DC-96AF-4EF2-8E72-753CD763AF91.jpeg

11A8C29C-0AA6-40C1-90C0-041C1408C7EA.jpeg

FE2BC9CA-C36E-41F2-9488-C2950C283C5C.jpeg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
No way!! I sold that car when it was brand new!! 😂 it was a shared car between mother and daughter.

They lived in Downend, round the corner from me.

I have a massive soft spot for RSi’s. I actually think that point to point around town etc, they are quicker than a 172.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
*edit

It’s not the same car. Reg is slightly different.

As you were.... 😂

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
I was watching this when it was on ebay and was tempted too! 1.6 16v is a cracking little engine, my ex bird had a ph2 dynamique 1.6 16v I remember chasing a focus ST170 in it and being all over it lol!

kangoo
I’m possibly going to put this up for sale if anybody is interested in making an offer or wants more details on it. I can’t find another for sale to judge a price to advertise it at.