ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2002 172FF Headlight Washer Jet Nozzle

Are the wee ball nozzles on the headlight washers are push fit ?

As my passenger one has falling out :dapprove:

cliowashernozzlemissingoj3.th.jpg

Just thought i'd ask before i go to Rip me off Renault for one.

(icebreg) clio 172 ph2
take them off totally and put the cup blanks on.. prob cost about the same for a new washer jet any hows, they do bugger all too!!!

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
They're about £80 IIRC.

New washer jet is about £8ish. You can get to it by undoing the side of the bumper and bending it out slightly, but taking the whole bumper off isn't as big a job as it may seem. It's made in a way that makes it impossible to put it back on squint, if that's a concern.

I tried to replace the ball bit and ruined the new washer so it may be they've improved them - it was a royal pain in the ass getting the ball out.

At the end of the day I chucked one to the service advisor and got it put on when they had the bumper off for a timing belt change. They did try to add an hour's labour at first, so that's the job time if you get Renault to do it.

They're about £80 IIRC.

New washer jet is about £8ish. You can get to it by undoing the side of the bumper and bending it out slightly, but taking the whole bumper off isn't as big a job as it may seem. It's made in a way that makes it impossible to put it back on squint, if that's a concern.

I tried to replace the ball bit and ruined the new washer so it may be they've improved them - it was a royal pain in the ass getting the ball out.

At the end of the day I chucked one to the service advisor and got it put on when they had the bumper off for a timing belt change. They did try to add an hour's labour at first, so that's the job time if you get Renault to do it.

Ok cheers:) new one it is arsed paying 80 quid for a couple of cup blanking covers...

DAYLIGHT ROBBERY OR WHAT !!!

Da

Less
take them off totally and put the cup blanks on.. prob cost about the same for a new washer jet any hows, they do bugger all too!!!

how wrong can you be...?
Without the washer jets fitted your 172/182 HID's would become illegal and potentially fail MOT's. The washer jets may not appear to do anything but they are a legal requirement for vehicles fitted with HID's and should not be removed.

how wrong can you be...?
Without the washer jets fitted your 172/182 HID's would become illegal and potentially fail MOT's. The washer jets may not appear to do anything but they are a legal requirement for vehicles fitted with HID's and should not be removed.

What the reason for the washers with hid's ?

As i had a polo gti b4 and it was the same

Da

Less
I'm not 100% sure on the reasoning behind the washers but I believe that without them the lens would get dirty and the beam from the HID would scatter. Potentially this could dazzle oncoming drivers and generally give a poor light output.