ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2002 Clio 172 - couple of problems

Volkswagen MK1 Caddy
I need help...

Last night I had my 2002 Clio 172 cut out on me whilst driving, at around 15-20mph. Managed to get it to the side of the road and tried to start it again. It would turn over but wouldn't actually fire up without giving it a bit of gas. When it did fire up it would eventually stall after 2-3 seconds. I then left it for the night as it was late.

I went back to it today and called my breakdown service. Same problem, wouldnt start without wanting to stall. On the second attempt however it was misfiring for about 5 seconds, then sorted itself out and ran for a further 20 minutes without problem (sods law). The live feed from the code reader wasnt giving any readings out of the norm.

I decided to take it to to my mates garage to get a second opinion. On the way however, the power steering started to be temperamental cutting in and out. Fine for another 20 minutes, then same again. My mates code reader said everything was fine, again, nothing unusual, other than the cat sensor (cats on the way out).

Has anyone got a clue as to why all of these faults have happened at the same time, or can shed any light?