ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2004 clio 1.2 1000-2000rpm when idling+ misfire help!

2004 clio 1.2
Hello,
Bought a Clio to have a cheap run-around for few months, whilst I am working on my jaguar.
I have never worked on smaller engines then 1.9 either newer than year 2000, and never worked with French cars either, always worked with german, swedish or british cars.
tiny Clio engine looks much more complicated then I expected.
my clio is 2004, 1.2 16v new type of engine with different throttle body.(googled a bit about it and it seems that they changed engine type at 2004)
Engine looks like that:
2004clio.jpg

1.after buying it I plugged in my obd reader.
it said misfire in cylinder nr. 2. and something with low fuel line pressure with low fuel but cant remember exactly and neither does my phone.
Idling speed normal: around 650 with warm engine

2. changed the coil pack but no outcome. (obd: misfire cyl nr. 2+ p0504 brake swich a/b correlation,)

3.1 swapped the injector nr.2 with nr.1 and cleaned the throttle body.
3.2 put everything back together. started it and funky noise+high idle:1150-2200
3.3 stopped it and noticed that I forgot to connect the throttle body. Connected it and started: no funky noise, but high idle. (obd: no faults)

4. Changed the injectors back in original nr.1<>nr2. checked if all the injectors are working, they all seemed to be squirting the same way and properly.
4.1 all back together, still high idle. (obd: nada faults)

5. Changed spark plugs and disconnected the battery and reconnected, start it and misfire (obd: misfire cyl 3.)
5.2 misfire disappeared after I restarted the engine and high idle continued.(obd: no faults)

6. Currently: high idle 1150-2000rpm (obd: no faults)

-I bought the car it was idling lumpy, and you could feel it misfiring whilst accelerating between 600-3000rpm.(if accelerating very gently, the misfire did not occur)
-After working on it, the high idling in between 1000-2000 happened, it is not misfiring any more whilst driving or at stop.

-when I start the car from cold it idles at 1000 and stays there.
-go for a drive and it idles at 2000. time to time jumps in between 1500-2000.

- I am capable to bring down the idling speed to 1000 with breaking whilst in gear or releasing the clutch whilst on standstill.

did I damage the throttle body with not plugging it in and starting the engine?

what should I check next?
Thank you :)