ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2004 Clio 182: Loud Chirping Noise From Front Left Corner

Clio 182 2004
Hi guys

My 2004 182 has developed a loud chirp from front left corner.

Sounds like birds chirping or gym shoes squeaking on a floor. Seems to be timed with wheel rpm and mainly occurs during a left turn 30-60mph.

My first thoughts were: wheel/tyre/hub/bearing/brakes/suspension/ something rubbing.

I checked the quarter thoroughly and everything seems fine. Everything torqued, nothing loose, nothing rubbing etc etc.

Next I jacked the front of the car up and let the front wheels idle in 4th gear. I managed to replicate the chirping to a small degree like this on the corner in question. The thing is, the sounds appears to be coming from the transmission rather than the wheel assembly... as well as that the transmission sounds very rough in this state, however this may be due to the wheels not being under any load. Not sure?

My spidey senses are telling me this is tranmission: gbox/diff/driveshaft.

At this point, I am technically out of my league.

Has anyone had something similar or knows any useful diagnosis ideas?

Best

Jon Terrell