ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2004 Clio sport 182 running rough at times, cant accelerate, please help

2005 Clio sport 182
Good day all and thanks for accepting me, i am new to renault and have a lovely little Clio sport 182 i bought to use on trackdays. It has been running great up until a few weeks back. When i start it up in the mornings (+-10degC outside temp) it idels perfect for +- 30 seconds then the idle drops low and sounds like it has massive cams and it over fuels badly. In this time i am unable to drive it, when i touch the throttle it just wants to die. If im in a rush i just restart the car then i can drive for 30 seconds then have to restart all the time until its at operating temperature. After roughly 10 minutes of idling then it suddenly gives a small blip/rev by itself to around 1500rpm then its all back to normal. Idles fine and drives fine. Any ideas of what i can check before i try the dealer? thanks for reading.

2005 Clio sport 182
Could also be that your timing is out. Probably not what you want to hear but is certainly a possibility.
Thanks. I know my daphaser pulley needs to be changed its noise when warm. This problem occurred suddenly.. Like overnight. It runs fine for 30 sec the rough for a few minutes then back to normal on operating temperature.