ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2005 1.2 16v Throttle Potentiometer Fault

Greetings from Iberia!
My Girlfriend recently got a 2005 Clio 1.2 16V, and shortly after we bought it the car started having a few gremlins.
Initially, it had 3 faults:
- Crankshaft position sensor
- Pedal potentiometer circuit track 2
- Catalyser (sensor after the catalyser malfunction? can't exactly recall)
The crankshaft position sensor and connector were both replaced, the throttle pedal connector was cleaned and the coil pack, leads and spark plugs were replaced.
The car was fine a few hunderd km but after that Engine Management Light and "electronic" light popped up and the car is in limp mode. My mechanic plugged the car in and the only active fault is the Pedal potentiometer circuit track 2.
I've searched a bit on the forum and it seems this can be caused by pretty much anything it seems.
I'm just looking for some pointers on my next moves. I asked my mechanic for a quote on a second hand pedal unit, but I'd like to avoid spending money on that (or a throttle body).
I saw some commenters said to check for water buildup under the fusebox in the engine I believe, so I guess that's worth a shot. I also saw plenty of comments saying to clean the Throttle body, but to be honest I'm a little afraid of taking it out. But if it's worth a shot I'll do it.

Any other ideas on the cause? Or things I can look into for free?
Thanks in advance!

I took a look at the fusebox today. It's sadly in pretty bad shape, but I managed to identify the white plug some poster mentioned in another thread. I could remove it as the fusebox is too crowded, but I managed to "jiggle" it in place and upon starting the car the "electronic" light was not on. It came on soon after, but this gave me hope that cleaning this connector as some poster mentioned might help the problem. I'll try to take a stab at it this weekend