ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2006 Clio

Like it.

200bhp Renaultsport version will be a cracker. Rumoured to be a lot better than the 182 and around £14K.

Octavia VRS

The news of the world motors bit on sunday said the sport model would be putting out around 140bhp!! Obviously the writer knows feck all

Its rumoured to be 17k I thought and we will wait and see if it is a lot better than the 182!
[Edited by POW_Clio on 21 June 2005 at 4:13pm]

Ziel Nurburgring

195 N/A 6 speed(until they change their mind) and if you search 2006 clio youll find loads of pics

Some info. in Autocar today.

The rest I heard in Paris at the weekend.

I have it on very good authority that the new 200bhp version will be a lot better than the 182.

More expensive but superior in many ways.

Quote: Originally posted by Smokey on 21 June 2005

It wont be 200BHP!!

Jeremy has said numerous times.
No I didnt. What I said was that the 182 Trophy wouldnt have any engine power increase. We are working on more power for the 2006 Clio but the final figure is still tbc.

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by Jeremy Townsend on 21 June 2005

It wont be 200BHP!!

No I didnt. What I said was that the 182 Trophy wouldnt have any engine power increase. We are working on more power for the 2006 Clio but the final figure is still tbc.

Yozzasport can supply Renault with all the bits required to make decent figures, have a word Towno!!

I cant wait to get myself one of those when it arrives. Who cares about saving for it. Ill go for an interest free finance deal in the summer.

1.6 focus zetec....

Pretty nice, seems 2 me as tho all cars r goin bk 2 the square look! I prefer the 182 in terms of looks as its gt a rounder shape 2 it but thts jst my opinion.

It wont be 200BHP!!

Sorry then, but i am 99% sure i have read on here that you confirmed it would not be Turbo and would not be 200brake.

Im not getting confused with the Trophy as i knew this wouldnt be for certain.

Maybe it wasnt you then:confused:

Sorry then, but i am 99% sure i have read on here that you confirmed it would not be Turbo and would not be 200brake.

Maybe it wasnt you then:confused:
The cars going to be N/a for definate.

Power wise its always been said unofficially the amount of power a new Clio would need to stay on top of the others in its market is just under 200hp. The new engine has proved capable of 215hp but they are likly to limit to to under 200 iMo and use the extra 15hp for later models just like the present 2.0 originally made at 172hp even though they knew it would make 182 they just left the spare easy power there for later models.

Quote: Originally posted by fUbAr on 21 June 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Vee Six on 21 June 2005

The factory Clio range-topper will have 200 bhp.
how do you know that?
A guy in France we have met (lives next dooor to where we stay) several times is in r and d at Renault.

Also the Civic Type R has had 200ps, 197bhp, for ages.

They cannot let the Clio have less power in 2006 than the opposition had 5 years ago !

What *is* the opposition though?

The CTR is in the class above - and in any case, that class is moving towards 225bhp+ as the norm. Thats why we have the Renaultsport Megane.

The Renaultsport Clio will probably head the supermini class for power, just like it has this time. When the 172 originally came out in 2000, the supermini class competition included the 137bhp 206 GTi, 120bhp 106 GTi / Saxo VTS, 125bhp Lupo GTi and there wasnt even any competition from Ford, Vauxhall etc at the time.

The 172, like the 16V and Williams before it, was the most powerful in its class at the time and stood comparison with the class above because it was an outright excellent hot hatch, regardless of category. Of course, the 182 carried this on, despite more heated competition in the supermini class towards the end of its life.

I dont expect the new RS Clio will lead the whole hot hatch pack for power - otherwise it would need more than the 240bhp that the Alfa GTa has!! But Im sure it will have more power than the supermini class, combining it with low weight to have a lash at those in the class above.

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

It wont be 200BHP!!

Any ball park range Jeremy?

185-190 ? 190-195 ? 195-200 ?

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

^^ :D

I got 187 bhp at last rr day on completely standard 182, so only 13 more to squeeze out of the bugger.

[Edited by mauricewt on 22 June 2005 at 8:23am]

It will have several engine improvements, will be better aerodynamically and will have more torque in the mid-range.

200ps (197bhp) will be present and correct and will indeed, make it the best Supermini in the world.

At current exchange rates, we are looking at £16000.

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.

I dont think I can hold on much longer, I am pretty sure I am going to get a 182 with packs this sept. waiting for the new plates to come out.

Personally I think some of you are getting over excited. It doesnt really matter what power it ends up being blessed with. Its not going to be any quicker than the current RS Clio. Its bigger and heavier, so its going to need the extra power just to break even.

I can see myself owning one if it turns out to be good, but not until theyve released all 30 editions, or until the Trophy Williams Cup is released at least.

Quote: Originally posted by Roy Munson on 22 June 2005

Personally I think some of you are getting over excited. It doesnt really matter what power it ends up being blessed with. Its not going to be any quicker than the current RS Clio. Its bigger and heavier, so its going to need the extra power just to break even.

I can see myself owning one if it turns out to be good, but not until theyve released all 30 editions, or until the Trophy Williams Cup is released at least.
I recon its going to be a fair bit quicker on the track and road.

Itll be a seven second car just like the current one I reckon, or marginally quicker, but it wont be Megane 225 territory I wouldnt have thought. Certainly not faster than it.

Quote: Originally posted by rcp on 23 June 2005

^^^ i though they hadnt even made the first test one yet
Nope theyve been testing them for a while back.

I think I know where bits of the chassic are from and if its true then the car will be excellent. Then agin even if its not it will still be stunning.