ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2007 Clio3 1.5dci decat help

1.5dci Clio3
I'm just wondering if anyone has done a decat to the same sort of Clio, I can't find any help on it and was wondering how big of a job it would be to take off the old manifold and cut everything out of it.
I've never had the pleasure of talking off the cat of a Clio like mine so I have no idea how big it'd be!

Any helps appreciated :)

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
I'm not sure if many; if anyone, has done it on here.
I looked into it and thought it was a proper ball ache.
Might be worth speaking to a local exhaust place.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
If they're in any way similar to the mk2 cat sections then yes, it's a nightmare of a job.

I had to undo the top engine mount and move the engine as far forward as possible to get access to undo the bolts attaching it to the turbo, then drop the cat out from below. On most, you need to remove the driveshaft to do this too (I got lucky and didn't have to due to the design of the cat to turbo flange on the dci 100).

I'm assuming you'll also have a DPF to contend with if it's a mk3 so would probably say it's more hassle than it's worth really.

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
If they're in any way similar to the mk2 cat sections then yes, it's a nightmare of a job.

I had to undo the top engine mount and move the engine as far forward as possible to get access to undo the bolts attaching it to the turbo, then drop the cat out from below. On most, you need to remove the driveshaft to do this too (I got lucky and didn't have to due to the design of the cat to turbo flange on the dci 100).

I'm assuming you'll also have a DPF to contend with if it's a mk3 so would probably say it's more hassle than it's worth really.

Shouldn't be a dpf on a 2007 model. It was only introduced on later models from what I gather.