ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

200BHP Clio

Nicksie

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 CUP
you probably all know this, :eek: but according to Top Gear mag will be released in May!

BMW M3
Any one know the power/ weight ratio?

Weight figure have probably not been released yet.

Bet we will find it to be just as rapid as a 172/182 lol...

Nicksie

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 CUP
the article bit says, (in the supplement bit!) it should still hit 60 in 7 secs, it's the same 2L 16v engine. There is a an F1 style rear diffuser. extra safety bits and that's it!

MINI JCW
Justin182 said:
Any one know the power/ weight ratio?

Weight figure have probably not been released yet.

Bet we will find it to be just as rapid as a 172/182 lol...

At the moment the new clio weighs about 130kg more than the old one so

New Renaultsport Clio (200/1220)*1000=164 Bhp/tonne

Renaultsport Clio 182 (182/1090)*1000=167 Bhp/tonne

Not much in it at all!

MKIII 138
gazcaddy said:
At the moment the new clio weighs about 130kg more than the old one so

New Renaultsport Clio (200/1220)*1000=164 Bhp/tonne

Renaultsport Clio 182 (182/1090)*1000=167 Bhp/tonne

Not much in it at all!

the 172 cup weighs 1020 so whats that power to weight ??

BMW M3
Well, I would think that they would try to make it faster then the 182 so would try to shed some weight, and they are prob not bothered by the rest of the range.

TBH, i'm not planning on buying a new car anytime soon so i will be perfectly happy if its the same speed lol. Will def envy that 6 speed gear box though.

Dirty E91
How long after the release of the new RS3 do you think it will be before Renault release the Cup/Trophy versions?

I remember when the 182 came out and they said that there would not be a cup version.

Lux'd Glacier White R26
I've only had my 182 for about 3 months, so i wont be getting the new RS3...i may look at the new Corsa VXR when that is released later this year. I think there will be some stiff competition for the 182 and RS3 later this year..Anyone agree?

Tyson.

cock mobile.
Probably be a while, they'll wait for the RS3 demand to drop then do a marketing scheme and do a cup / trophy.

Apparently the new RS3 will have more options though, so I am assuming there will be cup packs again.

cock mobile.
Tyson:

There is some more competition coming, the new Type R, Pug 207 Gti, Punto GT, Corsa VXR, Focus ST etc.

The Clio has managed to fight off a lot of competition in the past for just being fantastic value for money; if the new one is going to be 17k then it's going to be hard to justiffy spending that on a clio.

Dirty E91
Yeah 17K is a bit much for a super-mini, that sort of money can get you into a Focus ST or Civic, possibly even a used Golf GTI?

cock mobile.
Yer I don't get it myself.

That's more expensive than you can get a Meg 225 Cup, or possibly full fat 225.

We'll have to wait and see what prices people get.

Saxo VTS
I heard that the reason they got rid of the V6 Clio was partly because the new Clio will be sufficent enough to fill it's place.

Also it's 200Bhp+ and I can't see Renault making a dogs dinner tbh, I'm sure it will be great.

MINI JCW
FincH said:
I heard that the reason they got rid of the V6 Clio was partly because the new Clio will be sufficent enough to fill it's place.

Also it's 200Bhp+ and I can't see Renault making a dogs dinner tbh, I'm sure it will be great.

I think that about the V6 is Renault marketing department talking, I will give the RS3 Clio a chance but somehow I feel it is going to be let down, not much faster and way to expensive but at the moment its all talk

Ditching the V6? Naarrrhhhh never. I remember seeing a concept about a year ago of the new look V6, it basically looked like a slammed Megane 225 - but no back seats!

17K - lotta lolly! Motorpoint sell Scooby's for that........CDC182 - you know it makes sense!

The Tube
The list price of a 182 was about £14,500 - £15,000 though wasn't it when it was first launched...then garages started discounting them to about £11 - £12k.
Give it a few months after the launch of the RS3 and you'll probably pick one up for about £14k.

197-I love!!!
Maybe you've read this but according to the Renault Magazine Renault are going to show the new RS Clio at The Autosport Show-12-15 Jan at The NEC.

Tangoed Works
14k sounds reasonable, but f**K 17k. If it doesnt have any new tricks up it sleeve, ill just probably stick with a 182.

Scenic mk1 (F3R)
how many times have renault said they werent gonna make a car then have im betting there will be a V6 version at some point

Who says its going to be £17k?

Everything I've read so far has it in line with the price of the current Trophy, i.e. £15,500. All the other new Clio's are generally a few hundred quid more than the model they replace, so if the Renaultsport stays reasonably true to that its sure as hell not going to be £17k.

they wont sell at £17k! I would imagine they will pitch it at the £15k mark to take sales from, the Fiesta ST150.

Clio 172 mk2
theduckeatspork said:
they wont sell at £17k! I would imagine they will pitch it at the £15k mark to take sales from, the Fiesta ST150.

That should be easily done....the Fiesta apparently isn't that good.

The Megane 225 Cup is £18,600, so if they price a smaller car with the same engine (but not turbo-charged) at only a grand or so less they will be commiting suicide, it won't happen. Just as putting significantly more power in the Clio was never going to happen, the Megane has 225bhp so they were never going to get close to that and start stripping sales from their own range.

I'd predict £15,750 personally, that would seem to be a sensible price.