ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2011 Clio RS 200 gearbox problem

finding out soon!
Just wondering whether anyone can offer any advise from experience possibly regarding a fault i think my car has.

So my vehicle has done 24K miles unmodified.

Since owning the car ive noticed the gears are quite notchy and when in gear the shift stick is rather loosely moving around in gear, it doesn't feel fixed in. When engaging the clutch and changing gear it is mildly stiff to put into gear. On two occasions at high RPM changing down from 5th to 4th or 3rd to 2nd it has completely blocked or chewed gears before going in. However this doesn't happen at low rpm.

The other day whilst showing my friend how loud the oem exhaust is i was on a flat road stationary foot firmly to the floor on the clutch and in 1st gear i revved the car above 4000rpm and the car started moving forward and the distinct smell of burnt clutch was there. I did the same again but in neutral and the car didn't move forward.

I've googled the symptoms and it sounds like a dragging clutch. Has anyone else experienced this and is this a common fault as ive seen a lot of people saying similar things about the 197/200.

Cropper

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Sport 200T
With the slick gear changes I had a problem with mine. Wasn't as I'd expect a gear change to be even when warm it wouldn't feel like it wanted to go into gear.

Gave Birchdown a call explained my situation and he advised a gearbox oil change. Since having it done by them mines like a new gearbox!

Start with the cheap ways to fix it before you go getting a gearbox change mate.

finding out soon!
okay guys thanks for the prompt response i'll get some new high grade oil and bleed the clutch.