ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2012 Macbook pro running hot etc...

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Had my Macbook for about 10 months now, gets the same use day in day out, but recently it's been running very hot, to the point halfway through working I've been leaving it alone to cool down and compose itself!
Also noticed the battery is taking 10 times longer to recharge.

Anything common in that which can be sorted out?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Will keep an eye on that, cheers dude.
As said the useage today is exactly the same as the day I bought it.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
iStat worth a download too.. you can check fans are working etc.

Doesn't sound right !! If the battery is taking time to recharge, take it back. Sounds borked.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Giraffe, fans work as they get pretty noisy!
It varies completely Jay, mostly on desk at work but sometimes on my lap, although avoid it where possible as I know that doesnt help.

I've started putting it on blocks on my desk just for a bit more airflow underneath which helps a bit.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Take the batt out and run it off power cord only .. (used to do this all the time with mine to save the batt cycles).

If the problem goes away, i'd suggest you complain to the "genius" brigade that the battery is duff.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Take the batt out and run it off power cord only .. (used to do this all the time with mine to save the batt cycles).

If the problem goes away, i'd suggest you complain to the "genius" brigade that the battery is duff.

Too technical for me mate, plus I need the battery power as I work all over the shop.