ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Boot Opening Randomly

Clio MK3 1.2
Yesterday, shortly after driving off I was given a "boot open" warning on the dash. I definitely didn't open the boot. I just closed it and didn't think much of it.

Today, after driving about five miles I heard the boot pop and the dash warning came on. I have no idea what's wrong and I'm scared to drive now! It's only just been serviced too.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Water in the boot switch

you can clean up the contacts but I'd just get a new one. Happened to me last year. Very common issue on the mk3

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Off memory remove internal boot trim

you you might be able to remove it without, I can't remember tbh

Clio MK3 1.2
OK. I couldn't see any obvious way to remove it and don't have any time to get it checked out. So I'm driving around with the interior lock on.

Fingers crossed, RyG!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Yeah as said think you need to remove the interior panel of the tailgate, then you can unclip the switch from inside that. Straight forward. I'll download you the guide when I get on the laptop.

Clio MK3 1.2
OK, that would be great. Thanks

Now the boot will locks itself once you close it. Something is definitely wrong!