ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2012 Retina Macbook Pro

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Yesterday made my mind up for me, the 13" is a bit of a rip off considering the 15" is £100 more. for the 256gb vairiant (the one i want)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
A fair point, but my 13 is perfect size, I just don't know if I'd enjoy using the 15 as much.

My 13 never touches as a table/desk/anything so it's perfect being not bulky.

13" is for steers & queers.

The 15" is so light and portable anyway. You'd be a mug to get the mincy little faggot version.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I just don't get why I'd need a 15?

13 is lighter, smaller, cheaper, looks nicer.

My mac literally moves from my sofa to my bed. It downloads films, music, transfers them onto external HDD's, browses the web, takes all my photos off my camera and occasionally uses photoshop.

DB.

BMW 440i
It just gives you that little extra valuable screen space. I find my 13" Macbook too small, but don't use it that much anymore anyway due to the iMac, but a 15" would have been perfect. Some websites can just do with that bit extra screen space IMO. It's no less portable really.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
With my laptop dying yesterday, it's given me an excuse to buy a Mac book. I'm interested in the the £999 base model with double ram for £60. (I'm not 100% on the pricing)

I would really like a retina but that's well out of my price range.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
It just gives you that little extra valuable screen space. I find my 13" Macbook too small, but don't use it that much anymore anyway due to the iMac, but a 15" would have been perfect. Some websites can just do with that bit extra screen space IMO. It's no less portable really.

See, for whatever reason, I find the 13" MBP much 'better' than my old 15" lap top.

Ignoring the mac windows thing, I find that the 13" MBP is just right.

Although with the new specs, I think I'd get the 15, just because of the cost differential being so small.

Clio 1.2 16V
Just moved from a 15" Windows laptop to a 13" MBP, really cant complain about the screen size. Couldn't justify the price for the retina one just yet.

Ordered mine through the student store at home, even though I am a student just didn't want to wait until I was next in. Order went through fine it and they didn't ask for any evidence. Not a bad saving 14% :p

Update: Still the most magnificent computer on Earth.

Feels great in and under the hands. Build quality is supreme. It's super quick, and the display is often mesmerising. Battery performance is also mightily impressive - it will easily surf the web for 8+ hours.

Scaled Windows doesn't look quite so sharp under VMware 5 compared with OSX, but everything is supported and fully functional. The only real negative is that I hate leaving it unattended. I'll get a lock solution in places as soon as possible.

12/10 - not a single regret.

LY 182
^^ Agree with the above completely.

I have never owned a laptop that is so capable, stable and with such good build quality.

....although has anyone had any problems with playing music and getting distortion/pausing scrolling? It seems to be a bug with Mountain Lion...

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Just got myself a 15" retina, stunning piece of equipment.

It's my first time with an apple computer and so far it's a great upgrade from my old windows 7 laptop. I doubt I will be going back to windows at home any time soon :cool:

Great. Got a stuck pixel now. Looks well s**t.

If it doesn't fix itself in a few weeks then I'll take it to Apple.

FYI.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Roy or anyone, do your fans come randomly when you are using it?

I can just open up and start browsing the web (having no other programs running) and the fans will come on full speed, yet at other times I can be on it for a good while watching YT and the like making it go quite hot to touch and the fans won't even turn on :S

DB.

BMW 440i
My Macbook used to do that before I sold it when I would sit on my lap or have it on the bed, but not if it was on a hard wooden surface. (LOL)

No I never hear the fans.

Pixel is still stuck. Totally ruins it. Any dark scene in a movie or TV show is shattered by a pin-prick of light. I've been running one of those pixel fixer things for 24 hours but frankly I think they're a stack of s**t and do nothing.

FF Clio 182
Great. Got a stuck pixel now. Looks well s**t.

If it doesn't fix itself in a few weeks then I'll take it to Apple.

FYI.

On the retina MBP you can't replace the screen but because it is still under warranty then apple with replace the whole upper clam shell. I had a issue with my screen, sent it off to apple got it back within a week.

LY 182
My screen developed a green hue in the bottom left hand corner, not hugely noticeable but annoying. I took it in to the Genius Bar, no quibble, screen replacement.

Checked the receipt, would have cost me £442 notes! :eek: